AutoCAD Mechanical Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Mechanical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Mechanical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

jumpy mouse/crosshair

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
gougha
3087 Views, 5 Replies

jumpy mouse/crosshair

I have an user who is having issues with his crosshair being jumpy/eratic while in Mechanical 2011 (actually has Inventor 2011, but issues happen in Mechanical). He still has 2009 installed as well. This happens whether or not there is a new drawing open or a saved drawing. I have searched for help, but have been unable to find anything that sounds like this issue. He uses: HP Compaq DX 2300 4 GB RAM 80 GB hard drive 1.60 Ghz (dual core) NVIDIA GeForce 8400GS graphics adapter (460 GHz, 256 MB-DDR2 SDRAM, video output 2048 x 1536) 2-21" Planar LCD Panels The issue only happens on monitor #2. When the monitors are flipped, the issue stays with the 2nd monitor. We are going to check for a video driver update, but were wondering if this is a known issue for CAD Mechanical 2011 since this is not an issue in 2009.

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
Sridhar-Autodesk
in reply to: gougha

Hi,

Switch off rollover tooltips using command rollovertips>>enter 0 and verfiy if this helps

Thanks,

Please select the Accept as Solution button if my post solves your issue or answers your question.

Sridhar Subramani

Senior Product Owner

Message 3 of 6
gougha
in reply to: Sridhar-Autodesk

Thank you for you reply.  Sorry I haven't posted back, I was out on vacation after the Chrsitmas holiday.

We tried your suggestion and the issues still remains.  In addition to the above we have also done the following:

1.)  updated the video card (also changed out the cables to both monitors just to be double sure even though I really don't think that has anything to do with it)

2.)  unchecked the dimension option from the snap settings under filter options

Anyother suggestions?

Message 4 of 6
abe64
in reply to: Sridhar-Autodesk

I have a user that had very touchy cross hairs that would act like OSNAPS to obects. This would make drawing miserably slow. I had her set the ROLLOVERTIPS to "0" and now ACAD runs smoothly. My question.... Is there a setting, variable or comtomization that would keep this from burdening the system with the ROLLOVERTIPS set to "1".

THANKS

Message 5 of 6
Sridhar-Autodesk

Hi,

rollovertips is a system variable and there is no other setting.  This issue is alredy reported to the development team.

Thanks,

Please select the Accept as Solution button if my post solves your issue or answers your question.

Sridhar Subramani

Senior Product Owner

Message 6 of 6
cglaspie

Try setting your crosshair size to 5 or something less than 100 (if you are even set that high).  Temp workaround for me.  I'm still trying to find out what is really causing the problem.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost