AutoCAD Mechanical Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Mechanical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Mechanical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

dimensions dosent show snaps

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
massive127
358 Views, 4 Replies

dimensions dosent show snaps

in normal autocad we can see the snaps on the dimensions
its easy to arrange a dimensions with the help of snaps

but in autocad mechanical there is no snaps on dimension so we have to select the grips to arrange dimension

any one can help me for this problem
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
in reply to: massive127

Look into the filtering options in the AMPOWERSNAP
command. By default dimensions are excluded.

--
Sam Hochberg
Inventor Certified Expert
Not too bad at
AutoCAD either

style="PADDING-RIGHT: 0px; PADDING-LEFT: 5px; MARGIN-LEFT: 5px; BORDER-LEFT: #000000 2px solid; MARGIN-RIGHT: 0px">
in
normal autocad we can see the snaps on the dimensions its easy to arrange a
dimensions with the help of snaps but in autocad mechanical there is no snaps
on dimension so we have to select the grips to arrange dimension any one can
help me for this problem
Message 3 of 5
art_turner

i think that is a setting per drawing, if you go to TOOLS OPTIONS AM:PREFERENCES SNAP DEFAULTS you can make a system setting. i could be wrong about that.

its a very annoying behavior if you are using to manipulating dims by snaps and wants to get back to the way it was.

saving down a version may also affect it.
Message 4 of 5
a.zwegers

Perhaps this could be put in a "sticky" or FAQ of the forum? It seems to get asked every week like several times.

Orrrr.. alternatively.. ACAD Mechanical could remove the annoyance by just defaulting to the same defaults as the rest of ACAD... But since this has been a complaint about ACAD Mechanical for years w/o a fix I don't see that happening very soon.
Message 5 of 5

Hi,

Settings Snap filters under AM:Preferences is also drawing specific and hence need to be set on every drawing file.

You may use ampsnapfiltero system variable to enable dimension snap on all drawings without having to set it on every drawing. However, ampsnapfiltero will also switch off other filters like Symbols, hatch ..etc.

Thanks,

Sridhar

Software QA Engineer

Autodesk, Inc

Please select the Accept as Solution button if my post solves your issue or answers your question.

Sridhar Subramani

Senior Product Owner

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost