AutoCAD Mechanical Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Mechanical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Mechanical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

dimenion and arrow size

7 REPLIES 7
Message 1 of 8
indalkar.d
629 Views, 7 Replies

dimenion and arrow size

Dear All,

I am facing problem with dimension uniformity in layout workplace.

In layout workplace dimension text sizes are looking different .(find attachement)

Is there any way to controlled.

Thanks in advance.

Datta.

7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
steve216586
in reply to: indalkar.d

Make sure you are uusing the same dimstyle for all dimensions. Also look into Annotative dimensions. Using annotative dimensions allows you to use the same dimension style in several differently scaled viewports. I recommend viewing the short video found through this link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qh9oKI_o2q0 

"No one can make you feel inferior without your consent. "-Eleanor Roosevelt
Message 3 of 8
indalkar.d

Dear Sir,

I went through this video. According to  this video I set annovative dimension style.

I followed the video path for annovative dimension style.

But when  i used in layout it showing the same problem.(Ref attachment)

how to maintain same text size in both the view.

is there any other setting I am missing?

Kindly guide me.

Thanks and Regards,

Datta Indalkar

Message 4 of 8
indalkar.d
in reply to: steve216586

Dear Sir,

I went through this video. According to  this video I set annovative dimension style.

I followed the video path for annovative dimension style.

But when  i used in layout it showing the same problem.(Ref attachment)

how to maintain same text size in both the view.

is there any other setting I am missing?

Kindly guide me.

Thanks and Regards,

Datta Indalkar

Message 5 of 8
steve216586

Looking at Annovative dimension style-3.png ‏179 KB did you add the scale of the smaller viewport to the dimension? It looks like the dimensions are the same scale as the larger viewport. Click on the dimensions and through Properties you can add the scale of that viewport. You then must select, at the bottom right of your workspace, the icon to show only the scale of the viewport. I don't think that was discussed in the video. See attached pic of icon for toggling either all scales or only just the viewport scale.

Message 6 of 8
indalkar.d
in reply to: steve216586

Dear Steave,

Will I have to add scale to every new viewport?

If there are 100 different scale  viewports in the drawing will I have to add 100 scale?

If yes then it will be very time consuming task.

One more query I have that.

If there are five view port in the same drawing in different scale. I have to delete one dimension in one view, in all view the dimension get deleted, is there any remedy over this ?

Pls reply,

Datta Indlakar

Message 7 of 8
Anonymous

The regular solution to this is to dimension (with an unmodified at scale autocad mechanical dimstyle) in paperspace.

When you scale to object in paperspace, it will pick up the scale of the viewports automatically and remain the same size.

Message 8 of 8
steve216586

You dont' have to add every scale if you have 100 different viewport scales. The other button at the bottom right adds those scales automatically. Review the Annotative Dimensions from here: http://www.cad-notes.com/contents/autocad-articles/

I can't teach AutoCAD through a forum and it sounds like you have many questions.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost