AutoCAD Mechanical Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Mechanical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Mechanical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

content library scaling in AutoCad Mechanical 2013

5 REPLIES 5
SOLVED
Message 1 of 6
delliott7756
1739 Views, 5 Replies

content library scaling in AutoCad Mechanical 2013

I  have an existing drawing that was created in AutoCad 2012. I now have AutoCad mechanical 2013 and when I try to insert a steel member into the drawing (metric) the member inserts very small. How do I solve this problem and get the shapes to insert at the proper scale to the drawing?

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
steve216586
in reply to: delliott7756

In the 2012 version, what are the UNITS value compared to the 2013 version? Also check the INSUNITS value in each.

"No one can make you feel inferior without your consent. "-Eleanor Roosevelt
Message 3 of 6

Hello,

I have a similar problem in AutoCad Mechenical 2014 and I am just a beginner so i don't know what causes it. I drawed the front view of this item (http://cncshop.at/index.php?a=454) in millimeters. So its 50mm long and 31mm high. If I insert a M4 screw the screw is significantly too small. I also attached the dwg-file and maybe someone can tell me what I am doing wrong.

Greetings

Florian

P.S.: Checked the INSUNITS (or DDUNITS) settings multiple times now.

Message 4 of 6

Hi,

I looked at your drawing in Options dialog->AM:Standards tab. Then I found the current unit is English (inch and feet). It seems you are inserting a metric template into a inch drawing. Hence the content size is not what you expect.

If you really want to start the drawing with Metric, please new a template based on metric template, eg acadiso.dwt or am_iso.dwt. Then if you insert any metric content, you will see the size displayed correctly.

Thanks.
Michael Su
SQA Engineer
Autodesk
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please mark any response as "Accept as Solution" if it answers your question.

Message 5 of 6
acwtzwegers
in reply to: michaelsu

Alternatively you can apply these templates on an existing drawing through A > Drawing utilities > Setup drawing

Message 6 of 6
delliott7756
in reply to: michaelsu

You are correct Michael! After searching around that is exactly what I found. In option under AM-Standards. But, when you change the scaling under AM-Standards it messes with the LTScale. Another issue to tackle!!! Anyway, my company tooko AutoCad Mech. off my computer and put regular AutoCad on, so I don't have to concern myself with this any longer.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost