AutoCAD Mechanical Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Mechanical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Mechanical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

command for automatically changing Z coordinate into zero

7 REPLIES 7
Message 1 of 8
suresh_070379
3053 Views, 7 Replies

command for automatically changing Z coordinate into zero

Hi,

If we copy the drawing with lot of entities in Z coordinate into other file, i need the command which automatically convert all the details in z=0. We can use 'filter' command after paste it and change the z co ordinate into 0. But, if we have thousands of entities in negative z coordinate, it becomes time consuming. We can use OSNAPZ=>0 & AMPSNAPZO. But, it will control the selection only. If we use the FLATTEN command, drawing clarity became worst. Kindly suggest any other system variable which convert all the Z coordinate into zero.

Regards,

Suresh

7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
fvillares
in reply to: suresh_070379

Hi,

Try this lisp code. It's a little out of date -was designed for the 2000 version- but it think it will works with most of the AutoCAD entities.

Regards,

Francisco

Message 3 of 8
KBU
Community Visitor
in reply to: fvillares

Hi Francisco,

I saw your good advise and dowloaded your *.lsp file. I am not to interprete the comands as they are in a different language than English and Danish. Would someon be able to provide the details or comands in English?

Kent

Message 4 of 8
fvillares
in reply to: KBU

Hi Kent,

It's true that I should have explained how the code works. It's easy.

Just load the application into AutoCAD with 'appload'. This load the code with the executable command 'smash'.

In the command line, execute the command 'smash'. No additional input is required.

The code will preserve all the processed entities just changing the z coordinate to 0.

I hope it will help you.

Message 5 of 8
KBU
Community Visitor

Hi Francisco,

Thanks a lot. Seems like I, as a ACAD LT user, is restricted from using LISP as there is possebilities to load LPS applications. - Unless I purches "Toolkit LT", which we do not find for the 2011 versions.

Kent

Message 6 of 8
doug.parrish

Hi Francisco

What does this error mean?

"Checking entity 3449; error: divide by zero"

Doug

Message 7 of 8

Since I lost my Express Tool functions (loaded but don't work) I tired this lsp file and it works great!  Even better than the FLATTEN command in Express Tools.

Thanks so much!

Message 8 of 8
KBU
Community Visitor

Thank you very much for your guidance. I will test the app Best Regards, Kent Busk Seaport Innovations k.busk@seaportgroup.eu Mob: +43 699 1558 2001www.seaportgroup.eu DISCLAIMER This email and any files transmitted with it are confidential and contain privileged or copyright information. If you are not the intended recipient you must not copy, distribute or use this email or the information contained in it for any purpose other than to notify us of the receipt thereof. If you have received this message in error, please notify the sender immediately, and delete this email from your system. Please note that e-mails are susceptible to change. The sender shall not be liable for the improper or incomplete transmission of the information contained in this communication, nor for any delay in its receipt or damage to your system. The sender does not guarantee that this material is free from viruses or any other defects although due care has been taken to minimize the risk.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost