AutoCAD Mechanical Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Mechanical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Mechanical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

best way to upgrade from 2013 (or 2012) to 2014

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
Mike686
1628 Views, 4 Replies

best way to upgrade from 2013 (or 2012) to 2014

hi everyone, i need some help

since...ever, installing the newest version of my software is a pain in the...

i always have to almost redo everything everytime i do an upgrade and i want it to stop this year

i dont use the ribbon in autocad, i prefer toolbar, i have some custom one and in those i also have custom image for some tools

the problem is when i upgrade its not everyting that follow

so my question is whats the best way to move from the old version to the new version without loosing any setting

must i use CUI or ?

so far i've made a profil and a custom workspace that i import, but like i said i loose some setting along the way..

i have the product design suite, how should i set up thing to make the upgrade easy

Product Design Suite 2017
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
nstalker
in reply to: Mike686

hi Mike - I suffer from the same problem.  I wasted a lot of productivity today getting ACAD Mechanical 2014 to have all the customization that 2013 had.  But for some reason when I opened ACAD Architecture 2014 it asked me about migration and did it all for me.  I wish Mechanical would have asked me that when I started it the first time.

Message 3 of 5
bryce.thelin
in reply to: Mike686

Migrating settings with AutoCAD Mechanical is not a supported feature. That is why the menu item for it is missing alongside the export and import settings choices. However, you may be able to make it work by running the AdMigrator utility directly. You will find it here: C:\Program Files\Autodesk\AutoCAD 2014\AdMigrator.exe.

Bryce Thelin
AutoCAD Product Support
Message 4 of 5
Bill.Schmid
in reply to: bryce.thelin

So has anyone tried this? Does it work?
Message 5 of 5
acwtzwegers
in reply to: Bill.Schmid

Or you could go with the other option: adapt.

_every_ next version will not have your toolbars, some commands will never get on a toolbar and at some point they will no longer be delivered with the software (remember mnu's, slideshows etc?).

You can start going allong, or spend all this time on downgrading your new software every year.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost