AutoCAD Mechanical Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Mechanical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Mechanical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

am_ansi and am_ansi$0 defaults

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
Anonymous
2497 Views, 4 Replies

am_ansi and am_ansi$0 defaults

Recently started using autocad 2013.

I start a new drawing and want to change the scale factor of the default dimensions.

After I add a dimension it does not scale up autmatically. I haev to use the update dimension command.

I narrowed down the problem...when ever I add a dim. the style changes to am_anis$0 automatically...but this style does not show up in the style manager, if I manually set it back to am_ansi it is as expected.

Is there another place to change the defaults in acadM?

TIA

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
michaelsu
in reply to: Anonymous

Hi TIA,

$X means "sub dimension style", like linear, angular, radius,etc. In your case, I think the issue is more related to changing scale factor for power dimension, which is actually changing sysvar DIMLFAC.

You need be aware that AutoCAD Mechanical uses several scaling mechanisms that are not available in AutoCAD. For example, scale areas allow model space to be divided into areas having different scales. Power dimensioning recognizes the different scales and automatically compensates for them (regular AutoCAD dimensions don't recognize scale areas). To preserve this behavior, you must leave scale related settings at their default values. Accordingly, do not to change the DIMLFAC and DIMSCALE system variables - leave them to be controlled by AutoCAD Mechanical.

However, if you want AutoCAD Mechanical to follow the behavior of DIMLFAC, you can uncheck the check box "Ignore AutoCAD scale factor for linear dimension measurements" in Dimensions Settings of AM:Standards tab in Options dialog. see snapshot.

Let me know if you have concerns.

Thanks.
Michael Su
SQA Engineer
Autodesk
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please mark any response as "Accept as Solution" if it answers your question.

Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
in reply to: michaelsu

Hey Michael thanks for the insight.

Also by TIA I meant Thanks In Advanced...

Cheers

Message 4 of 5
Anonymous

Dang it... I hoped this would disable the incredibly outdated (and annoying) behaviour of Mechanical to destroy annotativity.... but it don't. Oh well... guess I'll just have to code an agent/reactor that changes dimensions back to AM_ISO (annotative) after Mechanical's reactor change it to 20th century stuff.

Any hope AutoCAD Mechanical will ever be actually updated to work with stuff introduced to AutoCAD vanilla after 1990? (ttf, annotative texts, dynamic blocks, parameters etc etc etc) or uhm... just updated/developped at all?

Message 5 of 5
Anonymous

when working with dimension styles, our Standard dimension style changes the name to Standard$0,  i am try your solution but in your solution text is not change but other data is change so please help As soon as possible

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report