AutoCAD Mechanical Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Mechanical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Mechanical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Zoom Extents doesn't work right

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
davecattapan
1768 Views, 4 Replies

Zoom Extents doesn't work right

If you do a "zoom extents" on the enclosed drawing, it doesn't zoom as you would expect. It leaves about 2" of blank space at the top of the drawing. I'm running AutoCAD Mechanical 2004 with service pack 3.
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
Distractor
in reply to: davecattapan

Worked for me. See Attached screenshot. Does it still do that for you if you double click your scroll wheel?
Message 3 of 5
davecattapan

Yes, the problem occurs even when I double-click the scroll button on the mouse. I've had this problem occur on two different computers at our company, one with service pack 3 and one with no service pack. Both are AutoCAD Mechanical 2004. Were you running AutoCAD Mechanical 2004?
Message 4 of 5
Distractor

No, I'm running AutoCAD Mechanical 2007. I did try it in the 2006 version and it still worked correctly. Do you have a layer that is turned off or frozen which is not displayed or copy and paste to this site. If there is, and there is items on that layer which are in that off center space. It will cause it to appear not centered. You may want to use your drawing utilities and purge any unwanted, text, layers, blocks, etc. That may resolve your issues or use the "wblock" command, save it under a differnent name and see it that works.
Message 5 of 5
Kathy-KL

When I opened your file it appeared to have no zooming issues till I tried the old Qtext trick. Turn Qtext on and Regen, zoom extents and you will find you have text outside your border, it appears to be part of your title block. Edit and remove the text and you should be good to go.

Kathy

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost