AutoCAD Mechanical Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Mechanical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Mechanical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

XLINE inside the block

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
suresh_070379
3354 Views, 5 Replies

XLINE inside the block

Hi,

Sometimes there are blocks with contruction lines (xlines) inside them on my drawings. How can I find out on which block the lines are in? I can't select that block by clicking the xline, it doesn't activate. I want to remove those lines but can't refedit the block since I don't know where they belong...

Regards,

Suresh

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
michaelsu
in reply to: suresh_070379

Hi Suresh,

You can try to use AMERASECL to window select those construction line and erase them. There is another command AMERASEALLCL to erase all construction lines.

If it doesn't help, could you please share the drawing for further look?

Thanks.
Michael Su
SQA Engineer
Autodesk
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please mark any response as "Accept as Solution" if it answers your question.

Message 3 of 6
suresh_070379
in reply to: michaelsu

Hi Michael,

When i used the AMERASEALLCL and AMERASECL in my drawing, they are not working. When I refered help manual, it has been mentioned that this commands only will work if Automatic Property Management is on. But, i tried to check that in my drawing. But i couldn't succeed to on that setting. Our normal working style is whenever we require the X line, that time we will use the XL command and create the construction line on the particular working layer itself. We don't go for seperate layer for X line. I have attached the drawing for your reference. Kindly tell me that how to delete the X line without on the Automatic Property Management.

Regards,

Suresh

Message 4 of 6
michaelsu

Hi,

AMERASEALLCL and AMERASECL can only work on construction lines created by AMCONSTLINES. I took a look at the drawing. It's just a xline in the block A$C182A3499. So you just need to bedit that block and select the xline and delete it. Save the changes in the block.

FYI. Automatic Property Management refers to the Settings in Object Property Settings dialog (invoked by Options dialog->AM:Standards tab->Double click standard node in Standard Element list-> Click Settings button. )
If Automatic Property Management is on, you need to check "Let AutoCAD Mechanical manage object properties" checkbox in Standard Settings for ANSI. After that, when you draw some mechanical objects, they will be automatically drawn on the layers you defined in Object Property Settings dialog.

Let me know if you have more concerns.

Thanks.
Michael Su
SQA Engineer
Autodesk
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please mark any response as "Accept as Solution" if it answers your question.

Message 5 of 6
Anonymous

suresh this happens to me all the time..The answers below doesn't really help, what I suggest is just try and click on the blocks that are closest to the xlines.
Message 6 of 6
vship

This may solve your issue, it solved mine...  I found the xline within one of the blocks I'd created.  Using the window option slowly going through areas of my file, I searched for when the xlines would highlight.  Finally I found the errant block, and used Block Editor to remove the xline (which wasn't in the view of the block within the editor).  Unsure how it got there, but deleting it fixed my drawing, which looked like an awesome tic-tac-toe board.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost