AutoCAD Mechanical General

Contributor
andrew30
Message 1 of 1 (86 Views)

Working Set

86 Views, 0 Replies
09-21-2011 10:42 AM

Hi,

My question pertains to quickly making a 'working set' where only the objects in the set can be manipulated. This is akin to editing a block in place. When doing that you can use the 'host' geometry for snaps. I would like to select objects (mainly for use with 'stretch' command) and isolate those objects from the rest of the drawing but still have the ability to snap to other geometry. I know putting those on a layer would work but sometimes some of the objects have linetypes and colors ByLayer.. so this route would be too much effort for what I am trying to do. I heard of a command 'isolateobject' or something similar in ACAD 2011 but I am using AutoCad 2009. Thanks in advance.

Andrew

You are not logged in.

Log into access your profile, ask and answer questions, share ideas and more. Haven't signed up yet? Register

Announcements
Welcome to the new Autodesk Community!
If this is your first visit, click here to get started and make the most of the Community. Let us know what you think of the new experience in the Community Feedback Forum.

Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions to get help installing your software.

Ask the Community