AutoCAD Mechanical Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Mechanical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Mechanical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why deos the array command now create a block?

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
not2013
448 Views, 4 Replies

Why deos the array command now create a block?

What is the reason if anyone knows.

Is it possible to create an array without it making a block.  Is there a setting for this?

THX have a great day!

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
Bob_Zurunkle
in reply to: not2013

You can always explode the block?

If by some odd chance my nattering was useful -- that's great, glad to help. But if it actually solved your issue, then please mark my solution as accepted 🙂
Message 3 of 5
inchul.lee

Hi not2013,

ARRAY commands are for easily creating patterned objects. Since there's an associativity in the array objects, changes are propagated throughout the array by editing the source object.

If you do not want the above behaviour, you can turn off Associativity to create array items as independent objects.

Inchul Lee
Message 4 of 5
not2013

Oh now I see!  Yes, it is an option of the command selection list. Thanks for pointing that out to my pointy head.

I do like this new option (coming from 2011 to 2013) as it gives you the option to turn it on or off with each array command in a quick no nonsense manner. 

FYI  associativity stays off for the next array command and the one after until you turn it back on when you need it again.

Thanks again!

PS I actually exceeded the max object creation (over 100,000 entities) in the array command for the 1st time this week.  1st used array in Autocad Rel 11 in 1989 during my advanced Autocad class.

Message 5 of 5
not2013
in reply to: Bob_Zurunkle

Thanks, that is what I was doing, as I didn't see the option in the command list. I now find it easier to change the associativity in the array command before selecting entities.

Have a great day! 

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost