AutoCAD Mechanical Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Mechanical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Mechanical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Where is the options menu?

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
Garren1013
17975 Views, 4 Replies

Where is the options menu?

I've just opened up Autocad Mechanical 2013 and it's been a long time since I've used it but I cannot for the life of me find the Options menu to customize stuff.  I want to change the background color of the paperspace to black.  Where did they hide the options in this labyrinth of buttons?

Inventor 2013
Windows XP
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
Bob_Zurunkle
in reply to: Garren1013

Type OP on the command line. Alternatively, if you click the big red A, it should be down toward bottom right on that panel.

If by some odd chance my nattering was useful -- that's great, glad to help. But if it actually solved your issue, then please mark my solution as accepted 🙂
Message 3 of 5
jerrytfisher
in reply to: Garren1013

Type op on command line

@Garren1013 wrote:

I've just opened up Autocad Mechanical 2013 and it's been a long time since I've used it but I cannot for the life of me find the Options menu to customize stuff.  I want to change the background color of the paperspace to black.  Where did they hide the options in this labyrinth of buttons?

Message 4 of 5

The Option button can indeed be found by clicking the RED A.

Why it's there and not on the main ribbons, only the geniuses at AutoCAD can explain.  But I suspect it has something to do with making everything as difficult as possible.

Message 5 of 5

Hi,

>> Why it's there and not on the main ribbons

You can have it where ever you want, I use <CTRL><1> or a button in the quick access toolbar, I don't need more than these 2 quick options.

20170530_091505.png

- alfred -

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Alfred NESWADBA
Ingenieur Studio HOLLAUS ... www.hollaus.at ... blog.hollaus.at ... CDay 2024
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
(not an Autodesk consultant)

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

”Boost