AutoCAD Mechanical Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Mechanical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Mechanical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Where is the equivalent of DIMSTYLE in the menu system?

5 REPLIES 5
SOLVED
Message 1 of 6
KevinMacDonald
627 Views, 5 Replies

Where is the equivalent of DIMSTYLE in the menu system?

I have Autocad Mechanical 2013. I am unable to find buttons in the menus that do the equivalent of DIMSTYLE. I have to type that each time. It's only because I've used older versions of Autocad or I wouldn't know how to pull up that menu at all.

Same problem for the Layer dialog. There are lots of buttons for layers, but whichever one does exactly what typing LAYER does is not that.

Same problem for MLEADERSTYLE. Multiple buttons seems to be missing from the UI to pull up basic dialogs.

Inventor 2013
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6

On the HOME tab go to "Annotation" then click on the bottom where the arrow is. This will bring up an extended menu. Click on the second icon from the top. That should be your DIMSTYLE selector.

"No one can make you feel inferior without your consent. "-Eleanor Roosevelt
Message 3 of 6

I am using Autocad Mechanical 2013 as part of the 2013 product suite. I am set on "Mechanical" as opposed to 3D modeling or one of the others. Under Home --> Annotation the Annotation area has no down arrow. There is no additional fly out menu like there is with neighboring areas. Nowhere in that annotation area do I find a button that pulls up the DIMSTYLE dialog.

Inventor 2013
Message 4 of 6

Let's back up some. After much internet searching and observing the confusion of others as well as my own I realize there is a fundamental problem that many of the good people providing answers don't realize about those asking the questions:

Autocad Mechanical is vastly different than previous versions of Autocad. 

Dimensions, layers, viewports, everything works very differently, and results in very deep levels of confusion when you're not aware of these differences.

Inventor 2013
Message 5 of 6

I have used Mechanical for over 9 years.

I have to admit I use many Vanilla content tools just because. I only go to OPTIONS, AM:Standards tab when I am modifying a Mechanical content feature. Such as BOM and/or Balloons attributes. My AM layer dialog has been modified slightly. I use custom Title Borders and Blocks.

Saying that much, I help when I can and offer suggestions as I try to repeat the problem and what works for me, hoping it works for other users. May not always be 100% tho. 😉

"No one can make you feel inferior without your consent. "-Eleanor Roosevelt
Message 6 of 6

I accept that I am way behind the times. Thanks for the help.
Inventor 2013

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost