AutoCAD Mechanical Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Mechanical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Mechanical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Viewport scale does not fit zoom conditions

7 REPLIES 7
Message 1 of 8
gsconveyor
2176 Views, 7 Replies

Viewport scale does not fit zoom conditions

I am using Autocad Mechanical 2012. I've created a viewport and have scaled it to 1:12, which is a custom scale that I had to create. When I attempt to print the layout I receive the message that my viewport does not fit the right zoom conditions. Also, when I attempt to use "update dimesions", my dimensions do not update to the proper scale. I know this happens because the 1:12 scale that I have created doesn't match the viewport scale listed when I double click on the border of the viewport. The scale of 1:12 that I created isn't an option. What I want to know is, CAN I and if so HOW CAN I add the custom scale I created to that viewpost scale list?

Thanks!

Tags (1)
7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
steve216586
in reply to: gsconveyor

1:12 is a standard scale. Simply use the scale 1" =1'-0". (1 paperspace unit = 12 modelspace units)

"No one can make you feel inferior without your consent. "-Eleanor Roosevelt
Message 3 of 8
steve216586

If you need to make further custom scales, you will need to use the command SCALELISTEDIT to preview the dialog for entering your scale and editing the values.

Message 4 of 8
gsconveyor
in reply to: steve216586

While using the scale of 1"=1'0" as a substitute for 1:12 solves my immediate issue, I'd still like to figure out how to make a custom scale "fit" the zoom conditions. In the "AM: Standards" tab in Options, there is a list of scales in the Scale - Model Scale area. This seems to be the list that is associated with "zoom conditions". Custom scales that I create are not added to this list. The list of scales in the AM: Standards area differs based on the template used to start a drawing (iso vs. ansi, for example) which makes me feel that it is a variable that can be changed.

Message 5 of 8
gsconveyor

I forgot to mention earlier, if I have a viewport set to a custom scale that doesn't fit the right soom conditons, then my dimensions shown in that viewport, which are set to scale to the layout, will not properly do so. 

Message 6 of 8
steve216586

This thread may answer your question about zoom condition warnings; http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/AutoCAD-Mechanical-General/Viewport-Zoom-Conditions/td-p/3219786

Message 7 of 8

Here is the quick fix.

Simply double click your unlocked viewport, and the VIEW dialogue will come up.

Set the scale to match the scale you want in your viewport.

There is a disconnect in AutoCAD Mechanical between the MVIEW command and the VIEW command that allows this.

Be sure to re-lock when done.

J.C.

Message 8 of 8
merotvss

Simply double click on your unlocked viewport, and the VIEW speak will come up. Set the size to match the scale you need to your viewport. There is a disconnect in AutoCAD Mechanical among the MVIEW command and the VIEW command that allows this site.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost