AutoCAD Mechanical Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Mechanical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Mechanical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Turn off Power dimension...

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
jka28
8104 Views, 3 Replies

Turn off Power dimension...

Is there a way to turn "OFF" the Power Dimensioning in ACAD MECH 2013.  I want to use the "VANILLA" dimensioning as in standard ACAD.

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
steve216586
in reply to: jka28

In the CUI under your menus, insert the vanilla dimensioning tools and remove the power dimensioning tools.

"No one can make you feel inferior without your consent. "-Eleanor Roosevelt
Message 3 of 4
rx10kamp
in reply to: steve216586

I've changed the tool in the cui to the non power dimension tool. but whenever I use it in old files it still creates a power dimension. by old files I mean files that were originally created with power dimensions. its like there is a ghost setting stuck somewhere. when I create a new file the tool works just fine though. I've worked around the issue by copy pasting the drawing into the new file but was wandering if there was a way to disable power or automatic dimensions all together. power dimensions are only a problem because they do not display correctly in my company's fast look program.
Message 4 of 4
rx10kamp
in reply to: rx10kamp

FIXED MY OWN PROBLEM. I was looking for exploded dimensions.

Dimensions can be associative, nonassociative, or exploded. Associative dimensions adjust to changes in the geometric objects that they measure.

Dimension associativity defines the relationship between geometric objects and the dimensions that give their distance and angles. There are three types of associativity between geometric objects and dimensions.

• Associative dimensions . Automatically adjust their locations, orientations, and measurement values when the geometric objects associated with them are modified. Dimensions in a layout may be associated to objects in model space. These are created when the DIMASSOC system variable is set to 2.
  • Non-associative dimensions . Selected and modified with the geometry they measure. Non-associative dimensions do not change when the geometric objects they measure are modified. These are created when the DIMASSOC system variable is set to 1.
  • Exploded dimensions . Contain a collection of separate objects rather than a single dimension object. These are created when the DIMASSOC system variable is set to 0.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost