AutoCAD Mechanical Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Mechanical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Mechanical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SymBBAuto x ACADM 2013 - VBA

6 REPLIES 6
SOLVED
Message 1 of 7
dimitri
1597 Views, 6 Replies

SymBBAuto x ACADM 2013 - VBA

Does anybody here knows what is happening to the symbbauto library in the new version of Autocad Mechanical 2013?

I saw that there is a new version called "Autodesk SymBBAuto 4.0 Type Library" and it does not work for the code below. I have also tryed the old version  "Autodesk SymBBAuto 3.0 Type Library" but it only works on ACADM 2012.

Dim symbb As McadSymbolBBMgr

Set symbb = ThisDrawing.Application.GetInterfaceObject("SymBBAuto.McadSymbolBBMgr")

I got a message when accessing the second line:

Run-time error '-2147221231 (80040111)': Problem in loading application 

The library of version 4.0 also does not work on ACADM 2012.

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
lifei
in reply to: dimitri

dimitri,

You can use it like:

Set symbb = ThisDrawing.Application.GetInterfaceObject("SymBBAuto.McadSymbolBBMgr.4")

This is because you have other version of ACADM installed in the same machine, you have to specify the interface version.

Li Fei

SQA Engineer

Autodesk

Message 3 of 7
dimitri
in reply to: lifei

Thanks Li Fei

I really have these 2 versions installed, but Autocad Mechanical 2012 runs perfectly with the code as is.

But following your suggestion worked fine.

Regards

Message 4 of 7
akanchha_choubey

Hi All, I am relatively new to the whole autocad thing but when i try to load the above I get the below error 

Retrieving the COM class factory for component with CLSID {4E220EE2-83AA-463A-A940-AAAEC68C3E67} failed due to the following error: 8007007e The specified module could not be found. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x8007007E).

This si a view of my registry editor

akanchha_choubey_0-1681198214456.png

I have executed symbbautoreg.exe multiple times but it kind of does nothing at all and even though I am able to see the entries in my registry editor. I am unable to execute the below code due to runtime exception:

akanchha_choubey_1-1681198360531.png

I have symBBAuto.dll addded in my project with embed = true and isolated = false. Can some oen please suggest what else can i do to rectify this... Are there any other dlls I am missing. I have the following other dlls added

akanchha_choubey_2-1681198470852.png

Message 5 of 7
m_latz

With which version of AutoCAD Mechanical do you work ? 2020 ?

regards

Markus

Message 6 of 7
akanchha_choubey
in reply to: m_latz

yes autocad version 2020 , system architecture 64 bit and I am unable to register the dll, clicking on the exe does not do anything at all.

Message 7 of 7
m_latz

Normally it is not necessary to register manually.

Have you tried to build one of the samples from acadmapi to check if your programming environment is okay ?

For example try to build:

AcadMapi2020VB.png

regards

Markus

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost