Distinguished Contributor
Zoltan78
Message 1 of 4 (188 Views)
Accepted Solution

Switching to simple AutoCAD commands

188 Views, 3 Replies
07-24-2013 12:19 AM

Hail!

Is there any easy way to switch AutoCAD Mechanical 2011 to use plain AutoCAD commands in context menus (I set mouse right click to bring context menu up), toolbars (I don't use ribbon), etc.? So I'd like to eliminate all mechanical commands for good. I guess I'd need a workspace called "AutoCAD Classic" or something but there's not. I get used to simple copy command (for example) so much that mechanical's copy is quite annoying in the way that it is work. There's a lot of command like this and I don't really want to customize each one unless it is absolutely necessary.

Thanks!

Zoltan

Software: Inventor Series 2011 SP1 x64
CPU: Core i7-4770K
RAM: 2*4Gb Corsair
VGA: GTX 560 Ti
*Expert Elite*
JDMather
Message 2 of 4 (179 Views)

Re: Switching to simple AutoCAD commands

07-24-2013 05:24 AM in reply to: Zoltan78

Zoltan78 wrote:

I guess I'd need a workspace called "AutoCAD Classic" or something but there's not.....

AutCAD Mechanical runs on top of AutoCAD vanilla, so there is a way to run as vanilla AutoCAD.
There might be an easy way -

Go to Start (lower left corner of screen) and All Programs>Autodesk>Autodesk Mechanical and see if there is a Run Mechanical as AutoCAD.  If so, you can right click drag adn copy an icon for starting vanilla AutoCAD to the desktop.

If not, post back for further instructions......

(or search for the instructions, as this is a common question here on the Autodesk forums).

Please mark this response as "Accept as Solution" if it answers your question.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Autodesk Inventor 2014 Certified Professional
Autodesk AutoCAD 2013 Certified Professional
Certified SolidWorks Professional
Inventor Professional 2015 64-bit
http://www.autodesk.com/edcommunity
http://home.pct.edu/~jmather/content/DSG322/inventor_surface_tutorials.htm
Distinguished Contributor
Zoltan78
Message 3 of 4 (176 Views)

07-24-2013 06:00 AM in reply to: Zoltan78

There's no such icon, but there's an AutoCAD icon without Mechanical! It works, thanks for the tip! I've never imagined that I should start another program.

acad_run_opts.png

Zoltan

Software: Inventor Series 2011 SP1 x64
CPU: Core i7-4770K
RAM: 2*4Gb Corsair
VGA: GTX 560 Ti
*Expert Elite*
dgorsman
Message 4 of 4 (169 Views)

07-24-2013 08:45 AM in reply to: Zoltan78

If you investigate, you'll find that you *are* running the same program.  The shortcut which starts Mechanical loads the supporting utilities while the run-as does not.  This can be useful if you want to start out with a custom profile and/or workspace.

----------------------------------
If you are going to fly by the seat of your pants, expect friction burns.
Adopt. Adapt. Overcome. Or be overcome.
A good question will be halfway to a good answer.

You are not logged in.

Log into access your profile, ask and answer questions, share ideas and more. Haven't signed up yet? Register

Announcements
Are you familiar with the Autodesk Expert Elites? The Expert Elite program is made up of customers that help other customers by sharing knowledge and exemplifying an engaging style of collaboration. To learn more, please visit our Expert Elite website.

Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions to get help installing your software.

Ask the Community