AutoCAD Mechanical Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Mechanical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Mechanical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sweep becomes distorted and changes shape

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
jbrown1434
619 Views, 3 Replies

Sweep becomes distorted and changes shape

I am having trouble with my sweeps.  I am using AutoCAD Mechanical 2012.

I created a 3-d polyline and then created a spline out of that to smooth the shape.  I created a circle region and swept that along my spline.  Everythig looks great.  The next day after working in the file for a few hours I noticed that the sweep has changed shape into a kind of ribbon looking thing.

bad_sweep.png

I hav had this happen in other files as well.  The other "tubes" were in the file already and created using mechanical 2009(I think).

Please help me.  Thanks, Jason

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4

Hi Jason,

Would it be possible to attached the drawing to this thread of send to sridharDOTsubramaniATautodeskDOTcom and few steps to repro the issue.  If you can remember the co ordinates of the 3D polyline, that will help us too to repro the issue.

Thanks,

Sridhar

Autodesk, Inc

Please select the Accept as Solution button if my post solves your issue or answers your question.

Sridhar Subramani

Senior Product Owner

Message 3 of 4
jbrown1434
in reply to: jbrown1434

I have frozen the "base " and "sink" layers so you can see the hose. -418.8, 16.6, -141.2 are the coordinates. Thanks for your help, Jason jbrown@westernshelter.com
Message 4 of 4

HI,

Was there a solution to this issue?   

I have had several files do this too me.  Never was a big deal, but this current project i am working on it did that to me and making me lose a lot of time.

Is there a simple fix for this?   Regen,  REgenall. and regen3 did not work.

thank you,

-Carl

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost