AutoCAD Mechanical Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Mechanical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Mechanical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Standard Content File Location

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
jmendez
749 Views, 3 Replies

Standard Content File Location

I just put AutoCAD Mechanical 2012 on my machine and updated it with my custom settings i.e. CUI & ARG.

After I had everything the way I wanted it I went ahead and unloaded everything related to the 2011 package.

It turns out my Standard Content was still pointing to the (contentlib.xml & database.cfg) associated with 2011 in my Profile and when i uninstalled all the 2011 it broke the path.

When I loaded 2012 it loaded the standard cotent GDB folder so I pointed to the (contentlib.xml & database.cfg) associated to 2012 and expected it to work and all my nuts & bolts ....standard content to work. 

NO luck any suggestions?

Juan

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4

Hi,

Go into Options, to the Profile tab, and try switching profiles to see if that will eliminate the error. If not, then test the program under a new user account. Create a new administrator user account on you system, log in to that account, and then try to reproduce the problem.

AutoCAD will load with a clean initial setup in the new account. If the problem goes away, then we can clear the settings files in your normal user account to reset the program there. For instructions on creating a new user account, please refer to the Windows Help and Support under the Start menu.

Let us know the results of your testing.

Vinod Balasubramanian
AutoCAD Industry Support & Escalation Lead

Message 3 of 4
jmendez
in reply to: jmendez

I switched back the profile to the default <<ACADMPP>> and turned off the P switch from my profile to the default.

When I do upon clicking the desktop icon it load the standard <<ACADMPP>> profile and all standard content works properly and the paths show up correctly under options.  After I initially open mechanical with the default settings and load my profile it continues to work properly and all standard content and paths are correct.  I re-saved my profile and exported as a new name then loaded it and made it the current profile and everyting still worked.  When I close mechanical  and add the p switch for the new profile it loads and I get the error of not being able to find the correct paths again.  After getting this I set the <<ACADMPP>> back to default and everything worked again.  Any ideas why the p switch screws the profile up?  Currently I am loading the standard profile and every time I load mechanical switching the the profile to mine.

Juan

Message 4 of 4

Here are two threads that might help you to set up the P Switch correctly in AutoCAD,

http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/ps/dl/item?siteID=123112&id=3373997&linkID=9240617

http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/ps/dl/item?siteID=123112&id=4787978&linkID=9240617

Hope it helps.

If my post answers your question, please click the "Accept as Solution" button. This helps everyone find answers more quickly!

Vinod Balasubramanian
AutoCAD Industry Support & Escalation Lead

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost