AutoCAD Mechanical Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Mechanical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Mechanical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Service Pack Killed My AutoCAD Mechanical . . .

5 REPLIES 5
SOLVED
Message 1 of 6
ChristianAlanJamesBerg
734 Views, 5 Replies

Service Pack Killed My AutoCAD Mechanical . . .

So I installed the most recent service pack for autocad mechanical after a crash which alerted me of the update. The install said it completed correctly but now my autoCAD is useless. When I move the mouse across the screen the movement is choppy and same thing happens when I try to select anything. To top that off it appears the add in for vault has been messed up somehow as the vault tab has no options (See Attachment). I tried to unload and reload the addin using the cuiload and made no progress. Any thoughts would be great because my AutoCAD is now useless. Thanks in advance!

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6

hi,

I have the same problem and no solution for the moment. I'm looking for it.

Message 3 of 6

Hi,

Have you tried to reset settings to default by start menu->Autodesk->AutoCAD Mechanical 2014 – English->Reset Settings to default?

But please be sure to backup your own customization files before you do that.

Thanks.
Michael Su
SQA Engineer
Autodesk
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please mark any response as "Accept as Solution" if it answers your question.

Message 4 of 6

I tried to reset as you mentioned however it still operates with a laggy nature and even when I load the vault tab in from the support folder the toolbar just shows blank white boxes with no buttons to click on. The only thing that seems to fix the problem is a complete uninstall and reinstall without installing the service pack.

Message 5 of 6

In my case I know what is the problem. In fact I installed recently the english language pack for a training (i'm using french version by default on french OS windows 7). I never looked at vault ribbon tab before this training and so I didn't noticed that.

In the french version my vault tab is Ok but if I launch the english version I can't use it. I guess it's because my vault client is the french version. It's probably not related to the service pack at all.

Message 6 of 6

I finally figure out that the problem was related to the Vault add-in and not the AutoCAD software itself. I ran a repair on the Vault Client with the media drive plugged in and it was able to fix whatever broken file was causing the issue.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost