AutoCAD Mechanical Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Mechanical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Mechanical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Service Pack 1 Update Failure (Mech 2013)

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
Talayoe
541 Views, 4 Replies

Service Pack 1 Update Failure (Mech 2013)

Hello all, I had had various issues with Acad 2013 and notice today (maybe was there before...I don't know!) that there is a little update notifier in my top right next to the 360 sign in box. Click, takes me to a website where I accept and it starts to run. Then I get this error

Untitled1.jpg

The full link is C:\Users\ranmor\Desktop\Autodesk_PRDSP_2013_English_Win_64bit_dlm\x64\acadm\

I seem to have no choice but to hit cancel because this (whatever its looking for) doesnt exist. Especially exist on my desktop (which I keep very clean a free of all useless infomation!)

Any help on how to get this update going would be splendid!

Thanks!

-Randy

----------------------
Inventor 2017 PDS
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
scottmoyse
in reply to: Talayoe

Yup I'm having the same issue. I point it to the install media ..\X86\acadm\acad.msi & it tells me its not a valid installer! Not cool

Scott Moyse
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Design & Manufacturing Technical Services Manager at Cadpro New Zealand

Co-founder of the Grumpy Sloth full aluminium billet mechanical keyboard project

Message 3 of 5
scottmoyse

Did you try updating to Autodesk Sync SP1 as well?

Scott Moyse
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Co-founder of the Grumpy Sloth full aluminium billet mechanical keyboard project

Message 4 of 5
michaelsu

Hi,

The install media will need to direct the path of acad.msi from your installer. So after you download the product, have you kept the installer somewhere in your computer? If so please browse it to the right path and click Ok in the dialog.

Thanks.
Michael Su
SQA Engineer
Autodesk
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please mark any response as "Accept as Solution" if it answers your question.

Message 5 of 5
scottmoyse
in reply to: michaelsu

Thank you for your reply, I dealt with the issue, there was some kind of conflict between the AutoCAD SP1 & Autodesk Sync SP1 installers. I tried reinstalling a few more times & it worked.

Also no I never keep the install files on my PC, its frankly a silly requirement. I install straight from the USB & yet when that message comes up & I point directly to the ACAD.msi on the USB i installed from, it still throws the error. 

Autodesk's SP's need to be convenient to install instead of frustrating. 

Scott Moyse

EESignature

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

”Boost