AutoCAD Mechanical Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Mechanical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Mechanical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Saving application options

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
drguitarum2005
250 Views, 1 Reply

Saving application options

Please forgive me as I am relatively new to AutoCAD 2013. I started using autoCAD in 2005 but took a years-long hiatus.

Every morning when I open it up for work, I have to move the command bar so it nests in the bottom (under the tabs for model, layout 1, layout 2) since that is where I like it and I close that little toolbar on the right side (I think it's for 3D navigation). How do I save little things like that so it does it automatically every time?

Also how do printer profiles work? Sometimes I print to a specific PDF writer we have and when I do, I have to change orientation to landscape, don't print lineweights, etc. Can I save all that to a PDF type printer profile? I have similar but different options when I print straight to our network printer.

Thanks!

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
pendean
in reply to: drguitarum2005

1. Save your current workspace after you move screen tools around: WSSAVE command.

2. The PLOT command's popup save a SAVE TO LAYOUT option. Works only per file per tab, it's not universal. For a Universal option, you need to be creating PAGESETUPs in template files and importing them in first.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost