AutoCAD Mechanical Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Mechanical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Mechanical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problems with 3D solids

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
PedroCornelio
5218 Views, 5 Replies

Problems with 3D solids

Greetings,

I have a problem with my ACAD Mechanical 2010 when I work with solids 3D. I can creat, work normally, I can use an array command normally, but when i close the file and open it again it appears something like the attached, it becomes a cube.

Anybody had see something like that befora?

Thanks!

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
acwtzwegers
in reply to: PedroCornelio

When you print or anything... will they still be cubes?

The matter seems to related to your 3D settings (options > 3D Modelling) - try fiddling with "Maximum point cloud", tessellation etc.

First thing to try is to go (options > 3D Modellings > Tessellation ) and switch off "Use optimized respresentation for 3D primitive solids"

Message 3 of 6
PedroCornelio
in reply to: acwtzwegers

Thanks for the answer acwtzwegers!

I try to print the solid-cube, but didn't work. They still in cube.

The ideia with the "Maximum point cloud" is in max. I try the switch off "Use optimized respresentation for 3D primitive solids". None of then worked. Do you have any other ideia?

Message 4 of 6

Only for information, here's an attached with a print of my options

Message 5 of 6
acwtzwegers
in reply to: PedroCornelio

This is the case in all Visual Styles?

Else: Try and copy paste your objects to a clean drawing made from a template (dwt) delivered with your ACAD. Perhaps it's a setting in the drawing.

I guess from the fact that you haven't done so yet, that you can't upload an example dwg?

Message 6 of 6
PedroCornelio
in reply to: acwtzwegers

Yes, this problem happens in all Visual Styles.

I tried copy and paste my objects to a clean drawing, but didn't worked.

I didn't attached the file yet because I'm discussion with the other engineers about it.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost