AutoCAD Mechanical Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Mechanical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Mechanical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problems loading cui and lsp file types

11 REPLIES 11
Message 1 of 12
Beauand
524 Views, 11 Replies

Problems loading cui and lsp file types

My company recently was given some cui and lsp file types for cad and i am having a hard time getting them to work  or go into the library.

11 REPLIES 11
Message 2 of 12
michaelsu
in reply to: Beauand

Hi,

For LISP file, type APPLOAD ..  drag&drop them into your startup suite.

Otherwise you can add it to the customisation file. It's same as you can add toolbars and menus to a custom cui file you can load lisp files. Then just load this one custom cui file using the "cuiload" command.      

Thanks.
Michael Su
SQA Engineer
Autodesk
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please mark any response as "Accept as Solution" if it answers your question.

Message 3 of 12
elaine.chan
in reply to: michaelsu

I've to always add into the startup suite or load it before I can execute the command. It's lsp & fas files. Is there another way I can do it so it stays "permanently"?
Message 4 of 12
steve216586
in reply to: elaine.chan

Place the lisp files in your support folder. Mine is here: C:\Users\Public\Documents\Autodesk\Acade 2012\Support

Some people put the code at the end of the ACADXXXXDOC.LSP file. I don't do that but if you do, better make a copy of original,

"No one can make you feel inferior without your consent. "-Eleanor Roosevelt
Message 5 of 12
dgorsman
in reply to: steve216586

Better to use Acaddoc.lsp (note - no version number), and place it in a more user-accessible folder e.g. C:\My Mechanical Support\LISP, and add it to the support path.  For more details on configuration, I'd recommend browsing the LISP forum: http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/Visual-LISP-AutoLISP-and-General/bd-p/130 for a bit.

----------------------------------
If you are going to fly by the seat of your pants, expect friction burns.
"I don't know" is the beginning of knowledge, not the end.

Message 6 of 12
elaine.chan
in reply to: steve216586

There are 3 default autolisp files in this folder? If I put my customised
autolisp file into this folder, will the system be "confused" when i
execute the command?
This electronic mail content and any accompanying attachments ("the Message") is intended only for the named addressee ("the Recipient") and may contain information that is confidential, privileged and/or proprietary to the Sime Darby group of companies ("Sime Darby") and/or protected under applicable laws. If you are not the intended Recipient, you are strictly prohibited from using, disseminating, forwarding and/or printing the Message. Please notify the sender immediately by return e-mail and permanently delete all copies of the Message. Sime Darby disclaims all liability for any error, loss or damage arising from the Message being infected by computer virus or other malicious software. Any views and/or opinions expressed in the Message are solely those of the author's and do not necessarily represent those of Sime Darby's.
Message 7 of 12
steve216586

I don't understand what you mean by "default". All of the .lsp files in my folder have a specific name.

i.e. the name of the lisp routine indicating somewhat its purpose.

e.g. BOM.lsp, term.lsp etc.

Message 8 of 12
steve216586
in reply to: dgorsman

I was going to suggest that folder (acaddoc.lsp) but I don't have one in my current directory. I did have it with 2009 before migrating up to 2012. I never used it so I never noticed until I went looking for it lately.

I always placed my lisp files in a folder called "LISP" on our server for all to use. I simply placed the path to that folder in my OPTIONS working folders search path. Once I placed them in my start up suite I never had problems with AutoCAD locating them or me having access to them from the command line.

I haven't figured out why so many people have problems and many others, like me, don'thave a problem using this process for the storage of lisp files.

Message 9 of 12
elaine.chan

There's lsp files in the path mentioned above. I've my own customised lsp & fas files with our own titleblock & scale script. I don't need to execute it everyday. But since we upgrade to Mechanical 2013, I need to load it before I can excute it properly....

Message 10 of 12
steve216586

I may suspect the lisp files are loaded in the "Vanilla" startup suite and not the Mechanical platform. They would have to be added to both or the behavior might be what you are demonstrating. I'm just guessing now because if they are in the startup suite you shouldn't have to load them for use each time. That is the whole purpose of that routine.

Message 11 of 12
elaine.chan

This "Vanilla" thing sounds familiar.....from right clicking & accessing the options.....is there anyway to access this folder via the hard disk where the software is installed?

Message 12 of 12
steve216586

If you aren't using a Network license and have a stand alone license on your computer, you should have two desktop icons. One would be for Mech and another one for regular "vanilla" AutoCAD. If you don't have both icons and you do have a stand alone, go into your Programs and search for the Acad.exe file. This file will be for starting AutoCAD "Vanilla". You should be able to create a shortcut for your desktop by right clicking on that file. Once into the "Vanilla" AutoCAD you can copy those lisp and fas files to your Mechanical platform Startup Suite.

If you have a network license, you should check with your IT dept. and see if they can give you the rights to use the "Vanilla" AutoCAD so you can copy the Startup Suite to your Mechanical platform. Or atleast they should load those routines for you into the Mechanical platform Startup Suite for you and everyone else who accesses those licenses to use.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost