AutoCAD Mechanical Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Mechanical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Mechanical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Printer Default in 2012 will not stay current

5 REPLIES 5
SOLVED
Message 1 of 6
VeronicaSmith5891
1841 Views, 5 Replies

Printer Default in 2012 will not stay current

I got a double upgrade at work.  They upgraded me from Windows XP to Windows 7 AND they upgraded my AutoCAD Mechanical 2011 to 2012.  Now I cannot get my printer to stay defaulted; it always says none.  It is set correctly n the Tools/Options/Plot and Publish.  But everytime I try to print an existing draiwng the default is not there.  I get a popup message that says the the plotter configuration cannot be found and the None printer device has been substituted.  If I go to the Page Setup Manager it will have no device set.  I can change it but it will not keep.  When I get out of that drawing and open another it will be back to no device.  I set this on my default new drawing so any new drawings I make default to our printer.  But I just can't get it to keep on any existing drawing. 

I can't use the Publish option because of this and if I have multiple drawings to print I have to change the printer every single time.  I even tried clicking on the Apply to Layout button on the printer screen after I set it but it won't keep either.

Any suggestions?  Thanks in advance!

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6

Can you able to plot through other softwares like word correctly. Did you check inside control panel -> Devices & Printer, whether the printer you are trying to use in AutoCAD has been set as a default printer. Do try and let us know.

If my post answers your question, please click the "Accept as Solution" button. This helps everyone find answers more quickly!

Vinod Balasubramanian
AutoCAD Industry Support & Escalation Lead

Message 3 of 6

I have the same problem with Auto Cad Mechanical 2012, and yes the other softwares work just fine. No matter what I do it always looks for a printer that isn't there and defaults to "none". Has anyone come up with a solution?

Gary

Message 4 of 6
michaelsu
in reply to: bullwinkle926

Hello,

Plot settings are stored in each file, in each tab, separately from the system. Have you tried changing the PAGESETUP option on your default template?

Thanks.
Michael Su
SQA Engineer
Autodesk
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please mark any response as "Accept as Solution" if it answers your question.

Message 5 of 6
bullwinkle926
in reply to: michaelsu

Yes, I sent an email to Veronica Smith (the originator of this post) and she told me the same thing. So my problem is solved, is this something new for 2012?

Message 6 of 6
michaelsu
in reply to: bullwinkle926

No, it's legacy in AutoCAD.

Thanks.
Michael Su
SQA Engineer
Autodesk
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please mark any response as "Accept as Solution" if it answers your question.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost