AutoCAD Mechanical Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Mechanical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Mechanical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Power dimension style problem

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
ricci.lowe
4319 Views, 4 Replies

Power dimension style problem

Hello all,

I have recently began using autocad mechanical As a lot of tool on there suit my standards of drawing and my style of drawing, my only problem Is power dimensions, I can't seem to force them to use my chosen standard style (ISO), no matter how much I change the standards in AMoptions. I use the power dimension it creates a temporary style called something like "ISO$0" or "ISO$1" etc.

Is this a common glitch with the tick box or something more sinister? As I would like to be able to edit my dimensions to match my standards.

Thanks in advance!

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
michaelsu
in reply to: ricci.lowe

Hi,

They're not a temporary dimension style but refer to the dimension sub-styles. $X means "sub dimension style", like linear, angular, radius,etc. see snapshot. You can create them by click New in dimension style manager and then select them from Use for list.

If you modify and change the base dimension style, then all sub styles will follow. 

Hope this helps.

Thanks.
Michael Su
SQA Engineer
Autodesk
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please mark any response as "Accept as Solution" if it answers your question.

Message 3 of 5
acwtzwegers

They are not temporary replacements but something AutoCAD Mechanical does because it hasn't kept up with regular AutoCAD concerning annotative objects, true type fonts layout use and such.

Basically, if you have an annotative dimstyle, it will create a $ version that is not annotative.

What I've done so far is to give users a "dimfix" function that undoes AutoCAD Mechanical's changes (and puts them back to my annotative AM_ISO). Working on a reactor that reacts to the Mechanical reactor so users don't ned to push a button.

If you don't care about annotative scaling, your best option is to remove such customisations from your AM_ISO dimstyle.

Message 4 of 5
ricci.lowe

thanks guys, thats magic, got it sorted now.

Message 5 of 5
ed.gray

Why do I have to change this every time I open the drawing, even if I have already changed it earlier, closed it and re-opened it. And, even if I have set the dim scale to 1:16, if the annotation scale of the drawing isn't set to 1:16, it will not dimension at the correct scale, and I am not using annotative dimensions.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost