AutoCAD Mechanical Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Mechanical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Mechanical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Parts List Problems

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
Anonymous
791 Views, 4 Replies

Parts List Problems

When I reopen a drawing I have been working on the parts list and the call outs do not refrence eachother. Instead they become blocks and just ask me to edit block in place. It was working as of yesterday. I have not changed any settings or anything.

When I create a new drawing and create a new parts list and use the ballon for call outs everthing works. the problem is when i open it back up.

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
michaelsu
in reply to: Anonymous

Hi,

I am guessing you probably save the drawing unintentionally to AutoCAD dwg format. If you do that, those mechanical objects like symbol, balloon, parts list, standard part would become blocks.

I would suggest you go to Options dialog->Open and Save-> Select a mechanical format to save the drawing. see snapshot.

Thanks.
Michael Su
SQA Engineer
Autodesk
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please mark any response as "Accept as Solution" if it answers your question.

Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
in reply to: michaelsu

I am not sure what you mean. I have not changed the format that the drawings where saved in.  The balloon call out and parts list work when I first set them up in the drawing.

But when I save the drawing and open it back it up, they do not work. I save the dwgs to 2007 file format because of another company we work with. But this has never been an issue before.

Message 4 of 5
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

Your solution worked. I guess im just confused why it happened. But anyway thanks a bunch

Message 5 of 5
mmentink
in reply to: michaelsu

A colleague of mine has following problem which we want to solve:

When reopening a drawing, the part references, balloons and the parts list have become blocks. The part references have become a block, containing a circle and two lines while the parts list has become a block, containing lines and text. Automatically creating a new parts list has become impossible.

When creating a new drawing, this problem doesn't show up; it only happens when reopening a drawing.

I read the solution as given in a former post message by michaelsu :

[Hi, I am guessing you probably save the drawing unintentionally to AutoCAD dwg format. If you do that, those mechanical objects like symbol, balloon, parts list, standard part would become blocks. I would suggest you go to Options dialog->Open and Save-> Select a mechanical format to save the drawing.]

However, the settings are correct (AutoCAD Mechanical 2015), but still this problem occurs. The strange thing is, that this doesn't happen to all drawings.

When saving the drawing, we just saw that a message "Saved to AutoCAD 2013 format" shows up, even when we've selected AutoCAD Mechanical 2015 (this also occurs when using the SAVEAS-command and we select manually AutoCAD Mechanical 2015). Of course, this seems to be the problem, but how to solve?

Other colleagues (including me) don't face this problem, but we can't find a difference between AutoCAD-M at our working stations.

I have attached the drawing containing the problem, and also a document showing a difference between a correct drawing and a corrupt one.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost