AutoCAD Mechanical Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Mechanical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Mechanical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PDF insert problems

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
scojen
971 Views, 2 Replies

PDF insert problems

I am trying to insert a pdf file into a drawing using the OLE insert The file comes into model space ok but if I try to rescale or zoom the pdf the objects within the pdf move around and do not stay centered with in the pdf file area. Most pdf files I work with are almost always to large for the drawing formats we use. If I try to pdf file the overall frame size changes but the objects within the file do not.  

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
acwtzwegers
in reply to: scojen

When you go to the "Insert" tab of the ribbon, use "Attach", select "PDF" as file type in the pull down... will it still do this? (using the regular scale... forgetting about OLE ones).

Message 3 of 3
scojen
in reply to: acwtzwegers

The problem was found to be a conflict with Adobe reader 11. What we ended up doing is uninstalling Adobe reader 11. And use Adobe Acrobat 9 as the main adobe program. The problem was that when you did an OLE object insert the frame size, lack of a better term, would remain constant the content of the pdf file would react and change size when a zoom was initiated in Mechanical Desktop 2009. Only thing I can think of is that there may be a *.dll conflict between Adobe and autocad. Any way problem solved screw the reader and use Acrobat instead. 

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost