AutoCAD Mechanical Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Mechanical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Mechanical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Odd Problem with "Associative Hide"

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
Anonymous
164 Views, 2 Replies

Odd Problem with "Associative Hide"

I am sorry if that has been asked, I admit I looked quickly and didn't see it.

I am having a problem with "Associative Hide" in 2004 DX (BTW, I did install SP2 already). When ever I create a new hide, or a hide is created (i.e. adding a hole) it doesn't show up in the "Mechanical Browser." In order to get it appear, I need to exit the drawing and reopen it. Like magic, it is now there.

In this image, I have added the hide but have not exited the drawing yet.

In this image, I have exited and reopened the drawing. You can clearly see that the Hide now appears in the browser.

Any ides? This problem just started a few weeks again.
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

Hi, Try right clicking on the master view definition (the top item in the mechanical browser), and select browser filters. You have several different options here to control the visibility of hides, standards parts, etc. Hope this helps, Eric Product Manager "jhollin1138" wrote in message news:2444570.1095885537857.JavaMail.jive@jiveforum2.autodesk.com... > I am sorry if that has been asked, I admit I looked quickly and didn't see it. > > I am having a problem with "Associative Hide" in 2004 DX (BTW, I did install SP2 already). When ever I create a new hide, or a hide is created (i.e. adding a hole) it doesn't show up in the "Mechanical Browser." In order to get it appear, I need to exit the drawing and reopen it. Like magic, it is now there. > > In this image, I have added the hide but have not exited the drawing yet. > > In this image, I have exited and reopened the drawing. You can clearly see that the Hide now appears in the browser. > > Any ides? This problem just started a few weeks again.
Message 3 of 3
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

@Eric: I feel stupid, that fixed it. I wonder why it turned itself off in the first place?

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost