AutoCAD Mechanical Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Mechanical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Mechanical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need help finding a way to reference Dynamic Blocks

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
someinfoneeded
479 Views, 4 Replies

Need help finding a way to reference Dynamic Blocks

Currently my piping schematic has multiple blocks with many visibility states.

Using Excel, I have written some code to toggle the visibility states in a AutoCAD 2013 drawing.  This code works for any 2013 AutoCAD drawing.

When I use that same code in a AutoCAD 2011 drawing (with the filename changed of course) the visibility states cannot be toggled.

I don't want to write a hardcoded progam that has to be changed everytime AutoCad gets updated.

Does anyone have any suggestions for referencing dynamic blocks regardless of the AutoCAD version?

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5

You may get more help here: http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/Dynamic-Blocks/bd-p/154 since yours is a question about Dynamic Blocks moreso than Mechanical.

"No one can make you feel inferior without your consent. "-Eleanor Roosevelt
Message 3 of 5

An important issue here for AutoCAD Mechanical users: AutoCAD Mechanical does not actually support dynamic blocks or arrays.

Parts within dynamic blocks are ignored in partslists for example.

Mechanical objects will be asked to get removed upon creation of a dynamic array.

(just saying in case this thread was meant to be in this forum)

Message 4 of 5

The problem I am facing is compatibility.

I am able to refrence block names and visibility state names, but the 2011 software references blocks/visibility states differently than 2013 AutoCAD.

Message 5 of 5

Steve's link is still your best option. 🙂

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost