AutoCAD Mechanical Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Mechanical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Mechanical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My undo keeps malfunctioning

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
Anonymous
872 Views, 4 Replies

My undo keeps malfunctioning

I have been having an issue with my undo command unlike anything I have encountered before. More and more often my undo command just stops working, it says it is undoing stuff but nothing changes except my view. Doesn't matter if I am using the button or typing undo or just "u". It doesn’t seem to care whether it is an old dwg or new one either. 

I have tried things from changing the undo auto settings, (undoctl, combine and layer) to removing my lisp routines but nothing seems to stop this from happening.. and it always happens at the worst possible time like after I delete something I needed and have no way to undo it. 

I run audit and have no errors.. but it does find them when I recover my dwg. I am to the point of trying a complete re-install but I am told that probably won’t help?

An ideas?

(Autocad 2011 Mechanical)

Drawing recovery.
Drawing recovery log.

Validating objects in the handle table.
Valid objects 28502 Invalid objects 0
Validating objects completed.

Salvaged database from drawing.

Reading handle 1A288 object type AcAmProject
Error 67 (eDwgObjectImproperlyRead) Object discarded

Auditing Header

Auditing Tables

Auditing Entities Pass 1

Pass 1 28400 objects audited
Auditing Entities Pass 2

AcDbDictionary(C)
AUTOCAD_ASSEMBLIES_PROJECT ePermanentlyErased Delete Entry
Pass 2 28400 objects audited
Auditing Blocks

566 Blocks audited

Total errors found 1 fixed 1

Erased 1 objects

Opening an AutoCAD 2004/LT 2004 format file.
Regenerating model.

AutoCAD menu utilities loaded.

Autodesk DWG. This file is a TrustedDWG last saved by an Autodesk application
or Autodesk licensed application.

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
michaelsu
in reply to: Anonymous

Hi,

I don't know how it happened. Maybe you can try repair or re-install.

If you unintentionally erase objects, you can use OOPS command. Is it working?

Thanks.
Michael Su
SQA Engineer
Autodesk
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please mark any response as "Accept as Solution" if it answers your question.

Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
in reply to: michaelsu

Is it possible my custom cui file with custom buttons or toolbars could be the culprit? When this happens I can’t undo any commands except pan and zoom. It says it is undoing them though…soo frustrating! I did a repair and reinstall but it didn’t help. I am thinking of doing a complete uninstall then try reinstall?

The OOPS command still works for a single delete but that is it. Every time this happens I have to shut down AutoCAD…averaging like once an hour at least.  

Message 4 of 5
michaelsu
in reply to: Anonymous

Hi,

I am wondering did you run some custom or predefined lisp routine in your product? Did you see this issue if you use the product with default profile and default CUI without any custom profile?

If this doesn't work. probably you need to try doing a complete uninstall and re-install.

Thanks.
Michael Su
SQA Engineer
Autodesk
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please mark any response as "Accept as Solution" if it answers your question.

Message 5 of 5
Anonymous
in reply to: michaelsu

I think I may have found where the issue was...I work in Mechanical 2011 and I use quite a few custom dynamic block when detailing, I noticed my default save filetype was Autocad 2004. I have a feeling that the problem is when it saves it as 2004 the blocks with dynamic values get messed up. Since dynamic blocks were not available till i think 09 or 10? 

I made a new file and changed the option to save as 2010 and updated all my blocks to 2010 filetype. I havn't had an issue now in over a day. *knock on wood*

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost