AutoCAD Mechanical Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Mechanical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Mechanical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Moment of inertia and deflection line ACADM 2015

12 REPLIES 12
Message 1 of 13
dimitri
1695 Views, 12 Replies

Moment of inertia and deflection line ACADM 2015

Hi,

I have been experiencing some issues on the brand new ACADM 2015 when trying to use some commands:

- Scale area - amscalea

Consider drawing a rectangle by the command amscalea and define a scale 1:1. After that make a profile and use the aminertia command to place the result table beside the profile. Now try to change the scale area to another value by double clicking the scale area. What I see here is that the scale affects only the axis numbers and nothing more, when closing command I get a exception in VEVAL-STR + ARX command and the message "Unhandled Exception E06D7363 (e06d7363h) at adress FD3B940Dh"

- Trying to perform a rescale on the data generated by the deflection line command (AMDEFLINE) is also incomplete, with only some of the texts being rescaled.

- Double clicking the table generated by the command AMDEFLINE asks as for a table generated by the command AMINERTIA, this is normal. But when I try to complete the command ACADM gives me message "Insufficient support" even if it is ok. See my example, every support is there, in fact it worked when I first generated the table of deflections. But it is impossible to reedit.

12 REPLIES 12
Message 2 of 13

Can you please try the suggestions in the following for the unhandled exception,

http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/AutoCAD-Mechanical-General/RE-AutoCAD-Mechanical-2014-FATAL-ERROR/td-p...

For the other issue, I will take a look at the drawing and get back to you soon.

Vinod Balasubramanian
AutoCAD Industry Support & Escalation Lead

Message 3 of 13

I just got a confirmation that this is an issue with the product and our development team is working on it. In the meantime, can you try the following workaround.

Double click the line load (AMPOWEREDIT)
Select the Moment of Inertia table. Press Enter
Select the Edit button in the Beam Calculation Dialog box
Select the line load and change the value. Press Enter
In the Beam Calculation Dialog box, click the Moments and Deflection button
Select OK to close the Select Graph dialog box

Vinod Balasubramanian

Message 4 of 13

thanks Vinod Balasubramanian,

I will be waiting for a correction, I think the workaround is enough for a while, at least for some casual usage.

Message 5 of 13

Thanks Dimtri for the confirmation. I will inform the development team of your concerns and will request them to priortize for an early fix and will post the fix once available for you to download.

Vinod Balasubramanian

Message 6 of 13

Do You have already fix for this issue ?

Message 7 of 13
dimitri
in reply to: jakub_d

Nothing yet, what happens then to 2015 version? Is it to be accepted the way it is???
Message 8 of 13
john.albers
in reply to: dimitri

still no solution, eh?  just a work around?  they must have picked up some advice from our IT folks here.  Better a work around that requires someone else to do more work than me bothering to fix something.

this is frustrating.  I have to repeatedly go through the entire deflection line process every time I reviese whatever it is I am working on.  maybe I'll go back to paper or just use excel and live with the lack of clarity I get from the drawing.

Message 9 of 13
dimitri
in reply to: john.albers

hi, I finally found the solution: http://knowledge.autodesk.com/support/autocad-mechanical/downloads/caas/downloads/content/autodesk-a... The interesting thing is that AutoCAD Mechanical 2016 installing package comes with the same old lisp package of files, so it give us the same failure. So you can apply this hotfix to both versions 2015 and 2016 !
Message 10 of 13
john.albers
in reply to: dimitri

I had our "admins" try this fix, it made no difference.  

Message 11 of 13

We swapped the lisp files as detail in 

https://knowledge.autodesk.com/sites/default/files/file_downloads/Autodesk_Autocad_Mechanical_2015_B...

it made no difference.  Did this work for others?  

Message 12 of 13
dimitri

Hello John It did not worked for all the situations, but it is a lot better right now. These new files allow reediting loads, supports, profiles, but it gives "Unhandled Exception E06D7363 (e06d7363h) at adress 8CE41F08h" when I try to rescale the viewport which contains all the calculation. Not perfect at all.
Message 13 of 13
john.albers

Thanks. This was a great tool for doing quick calculations for us. That is a thing of the past I guess. I thought the idea behind CAD was to increase productivity. Taking this routine out of my toolbox is a double step backwards.

Best Regards,

John T. Albers; PE
SafeWorks LLC
365 Upland Dr
Seattle, WA 98188
P: +1 206-577-0152
F: +1 206-575-6240
John.Albers@safeworks.com

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost