AutoCAD Mechanical Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Mechanical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Mechanical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Menu bar setting

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
suresh_070379
372 Views, 4 Replies

Menu bar setting

hi,

In our company, Auto cad mechanical 2012 is installed now. Program is running from the common server. If we do any private setting in menu and tool bar, it is working till closing the Auto cad program. But, once we close the program and restart, the setting vanished and the common setting from the server only comes again. But, this problem is not happened in Auto cad 2009. Kindly suggest us the solution to keep the private settings.

Regards,

Suresh

Tags (1)
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
acwtzwegers
in reply to: suresh_070379

Please elaborate on how AutoCAD Mechanical is running from a server... are you on a citrix (-like) network? (or: do you have a PC standing on/under/next to your desk or not?)

Normally I'd say that you would save your workspace as you like it and restore that when it gets disrupted, but your description seems like a less common setup. Could it be that your network/sysadmin is resetting or overwriting your workspace over night?

Message 3 of 5
suresh_070379
in reply to: acwtzwegers

Hi,

In our company, large number of users are here for Autocad. If it is a personal computer, the program settings will be saved in C drive and whenever we closing and opening, program will be run from C drive. So, whatever settings we have changed that will be available. But,in this case program is running from server. So, what you said is correct that server is resetting to standard program. But, when we had Auto cad Mechanical 2009, we didn't face this problem. So, kindly let me know that what we should do to keep the personal setting. We contacted our IT solution team. They also unable to provide the solution.

Regards,

Suresh

Tags (1)
Message 4 of 5
acwtzwegers

Sorry, I do not have experience with running autocad from servers for multiple users (unless you mean that you have a networked license). What you could however look at is user-rights (do your drafters have the rights to save their settings?), roaming profiles etc.

Message 5 of 5
TravisNave

Running from the server violates the End User License Agreement.  Please make sure you are running within the correct environment.  Currently Autodesk supports the use of a Citrix environment for server-based access with network licensing.  Otherwise, you are in violation of the EULA and the supported configuration is not supported and will not work as expected.  This is by design. 

http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/ps/dl/item?siteID=123112&id=16785740&linkID=9240617

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

My Expert Contributions to the
Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost