AutoCAD Mechanical Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Mechanical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Mechanical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mechanical Dims as Annotative?

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
Winks87
265 Views, 1 Reply

Mechanical Dims as Annotative?

When I select annotative for my dimensions (in Acad Mech.) it does not "keep".  I found I can set them as annotative thru the old dimstyle box, but the new edit dimension box does not keep the annotative value.  Is this by design? 

By the way, I want annotative because I am creating dims in model space, viewports in Paper.  This is the correct use for annotative, correct?

James Winkler
1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
michaelsu
in reply to: Winks87

Hi,

Please refer to the post in the link below. Hope it helps.

http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/AutoCAD-Mechanical-General/annotative-power-dimension/m-p/3358825/high...

In short, power dimensions in AutoCAD Mechanical don't honor annotative setting while autocad dimensions createdy by DIMLINEAR etc still behave the same as they are in AutoCAD. So you can still choose to use autocad dimensions leveraging annotative feature or use power dimension and rely on its intelligence. 

Let me know if you have further doubts. 

Thanks.
Michael Su
SQA Engineer
Autodesk
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please mark any response as "Accept as Solution" if it answers your question.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost