AutoCAD Mechanical Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Mechanical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Mechanical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mechanical 2012, Export Custom Settings

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
richp
407 Views, 3 Replies

Mechanical 2012, Export Custom Settings

I am trying to set up a new station of Product Design Suite 2012 by exporting our custom settings from our only completly setup station of 2012. When I export the settings AutoCAD creates the .zip file with a size that looks correct but when trying to import it nothing happens. When I do the same from another machine that has 2012 installed in a stock configuration it works fine. We have used the export command on every previous version of AutoCAD with great success but I am baffled by this situation.

Any suggestions would be appriciated.

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4

Hi,

Did you manage to use the same steps as highlighted in the video below. If so, can you attach your custom settings for us to test it at our end.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GVYgh7vafXo

If my post answers your question, please click the "Accept as Solution" button. This helps everyone find answers more quickly!

Vinod Balasubramanian
AutoCAD Industry Support & Escalation Lead

Message 3 of 4

That is the way I was trying to get it done. I finally got it working to a point. I believe the problem was that we had originally set that workstation up by migrating a 2011 CUI file into it. I would think that should not be a problem but apparently it did not like going from 2011 to 2012. We have it working now with some limited functionality but those are for another thread I believe.

Thanks!

Message 4 of 4

Glad to hear its working. Any more questions do let me know.

Vinod Balasubramanian
AutoCAD Industry Support & Escalation Lead

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost