AutoCAD Mechanical Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Mechanical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Mechanical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mechanical 2012 3D wireframe/solid - how to go back to old interface?

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
tcharbonneau
522 Views, 4 Replies

Mechanical 2012 3D wireframe/solid - how to go back to old interface?

I've been drawing in wireframe with some simple solid modeling off and on since release 12.  Mechanical 2011 was ok.  Mechanical 2012 has changed something.  I can't move things and pick points and get them to go where I intend.  I turned off the z axis but that hasn't helped.  I can't draw lines or move things much of the time.

Is there any way to make 2012 behave like earlier releases when doing 3d wireframe and solids?

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
michaelsu
in reply to: tcharbonneau

Hi,

Have you got your problem resolved?

If not, can I have a look at your sample drawing first? Please send your sample drawing to zhiyuan.su@autodesk.com. Or you can post some snapshots showing the differences and what you want so it would be easier to understand the problem and provide some workaround.

Thanks.
Michael Su
SQA Engineer
Autodesk
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please mark any response as "Accept as Solution" if it answers your question.

Message 3 of 5
Anonymous

You could try if 3D OSNAP (F4) is the culprit because I haven't noticed really big changes in 3D behavior on drawing lines or moving objects... (oh, and remember that polar tracking (F10) is mostly x-y and that mechanical will place some objects on z=0 whatever you try)
Message 4 of 5
tcharbonneau
in reply to: Anonymous

Thanks. I tried 3D OSNAP and Polar Track but that's not it. It seems to be like you say, it keeps some things on Z=0 no matter what. When drawing freehand of course you stay on the UCS, but I used to always be able to draw to endpoints, midpoints, etc. of existing geometry regardless of UCS. Is there any way to get back to this?

BTW I don't think I did any wireframe during the brief time we had Mechanical 2011, but I did a lot with Mechanical 2006 and it worked fine.
Message 5 of 5
Anonymous

Yes, but was that "Mechanical" or "AutoCAD Mechanical"? AutoCAD Mechanical is primarily a 2D tool stuck in pre-R12 methods which will ignore the z coord quite often, Mechanical is a discontinued semi-3D tool.

AutoCAD Mechanical is usable for 3D, but generally you then need to take care not to use the "ampower-" commands: "copy", not "ampowercopy" etc.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost