AutoCAD Mechanical Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Mechanical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Mechanical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mech 2009 Service Pack 3... power dimensioning issue

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
gojo
385 Views, 4 Replies

Mech 2009 Service Pack 3... power dimensioning issue

When you use the "Apply To" button in the "Power Dimensioning" dialogue box it only applies the text change not the "Representation" (underlining, box around text, parenthesis....). This issue only occurred after I downloaded and installed Service Pack 3. Anyone have an fix for this?

Pleas help.... I use this function all the time. When it works it is a huge time saver.

Garry
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
michaelsu
in reply to: gojo

Hi Garry,

I tried it in AutoCAD Mechanical 2009 ENU with Service Pack 3 but unluckily, I could not reproduce it by using "Apply To". or "Copy from" for "Representation" among dimensions.

Would you please let me know in what language version of ACM with SP3 you got the problem? Also, it would be better if you can let me know your detail workflows to encounter the problem?

Have you tried to uninstal SP3 at your side? Will it resolve the problem, right?

Thanks,

Michael

Software QA Engineer

Autodesk, Inc.
Thanks.
Michael Su
SQA Engineer
Autodesk
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please mark any response as "Accept as Solution" if it answers your question.

Message 3 of 5
gojo

Michael,

I have the English version. Removing the SP3 does solve the problem, a co-worker tried this out.
The only reason that I installed it, was because it was suggested for another issue.
I would prefer to have a formal fix for this problem. Other co-workers here have seen the same issue.
So it is a fundamental problem with the SP3 that needs to be fixed.

Garry
Message 4 of 5
michaelsu

Hi Gary,

Thanks for your extra information about this issue.

I have logged this issue in our system and notified the development team.

Meanwhile, please try the following workaround.

When you apply to properties from one dimension to another, please uncheck Dimension Style in Properties dialog and click ok to see if it helps.

Thanks,

Michael

Software QA Engineer

Autodesk, Inc.
Thanks.
Michael Su
SQA Engineer
Autodesk
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please mark any response as "Accept as Solution" if it answers your question.

Message 5 of 5
gojo

Michael,

Unchecking the dimension style box seems to work.

thank you very much,
Garry

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost