AutoCAD Mechanical Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Mechanical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Mechanical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Linking dwg

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
elaine.chan
405 Views, 2 Replies

Linking dwg

I'm currently using AutoCAD Mechanical 2013. I'm in the heavy industry dealing with gensets, engines, skid foundation, etc.....

When the GA is approved for construction, I need to generate the skidbase detail drawing to workshop for fabrication. I try to copy & paste but still bound to hace discrepancies. The GA consists of engine & skidbase. The skidbase detail drawing is purely the detail of the skid, distance of mounting holes & welding details.

Is there any way I can link the GA & skid drawing such that whenever I make changes to the GA drawing, I open the skid drawing, it automatically updates as per my GA? MTIA! Smiley Surprised

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
michaelsu
in reply to: elaine.chan

Hi,

Have you tried to use XREF functionality? You can xref a drawing into another drawing and link them together.

Hope it fits your needs.

Thanks.
Michael Su
SQA Engineer
Autodesk
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please mark any response as "Accept as Solution" if it answers your question.

Message 3 of 3
elaine.chan
in reply to: michaelsu

I've learnt to use XREF when I 1st come into contact with Autocad R13. I've can't link how I can use XREF to link my GA to my skidbase detail drawing..... I block the views of the skid I need in the GA, go to skid detail drawing then insert XREF? Shall give it a try but anyone out there has any other solution? MTIA 🙂 Regards Elaine Chan Technical Assistant, Power Systems Tractors Singapore Limited Ph: 65 68679505 Fax: 65 6261 6072 Email: elaine.chan.leewen@tractors.simedarby.com.sg Please consider the environment before printing this e-mail. This electronic mail content and any accompanying attachments ("the Message") is intended only for the named addressee ("the Recipient") and may contain information that is confidential, privileged and/or proprietary to the Sime Darby group of companies ("Sime Darby") and/or protected under applicable laws. If you are not the intended Recipient, you are strictly prohibited from using, disseminating, forwarding and/or printing the Message. Please notify the sender immediately by return e-mail and permanently delete all copies of the Message. Sime Darby disclaims all liability for any error, loss or damage arising from the Message being infected by computer virus or other malicious software. Any views and/or opinions expressed in the Message are solely those of the author's and do not necessarily represent those of Sime Darby's.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost