AutoCAD Mechanical Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Mechanical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Mechanical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Leader text color does not change

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
KevinMacDonald
2297 Views, 2 Replies

Leader text color does not change

I am finding it very difficult to work with leaders. I use the dimension style manager to modify the text color of dimensions, and leaders remain yellow - an unreadable color against a white printed background. The text color of other types of dimensions does change, but not leaders. What gives?

Inventor 2013
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3

I am starting to realize my problems run much deeper than just leader text color.

My problems, among others...

• There seem to be two completely types of 'leader' that are unrelated to each other.
  • There are special magic numbers you have to be aware of, like setting text size equal to zero in a style, so that they behave a certain way when used with dimension styles. 
  • Somehow I managed to change the back ground color of my text style to white, so I can't read the text. I cannot see how to revert that back.

Every time I touch text and dimension styles in Autocad I get completely stumped. They appear to behave in a complete inscrutable way. Objects in the drawing sometimes update when I change the style, and sometimes not. I can never tell when something will work. How can something so fundamental to CAD be so broken in this software for so long?

Inventor 2013
Message 3 of 3

You must be very careful which dimensions you are using. There are two in Mechanical: Vanilla dimensioning tools and the Power Dimension tools. To change the appearance of the Mechanical content, you will need to access the AM:Preference tab in OPTIONS. Right click and you should get a dialog which allows you to designate colors for Mechanical content such as balloons. Certain Mechanical layers are also assigned colors by AutoCAD which override your colors in your dimension style. There is a chart of these layers in the Mechanical content which you may have to alter to suite your needs.

"No one can make you feel inferior without your consent. "-Eleanor Roosevelt

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost