AutoCAD Mechanical Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Mechanical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Mechanical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 3
Neil_J56
209 Views, 2 Replies

Layers

I am using AutoCAD Mechanical, how do I keep the layer automatically changing to the dimension layer when adding a dimension?

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
michaelsu
in reply to: Neil_J56

Hi,

If you want dimensions to be put on dimension layer automatically when you add a dimension, you can try the following in Options dialog and AM:Standards tab

1. Double click Dimension

2. check "Let AutoCAD Mechanical manage object properties" checkbox and Click Settings dialog

3. change dimension layers based on your need and Ok all dialog.

After that, if you place a dimension, it will be automatically placed on the layer you specified.

Let me know if you think otherwise.

Thanks.
Michael Su
SQA Engineer
Autodesk
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please mark any response as "Accept as Solution" if it answers your question.

Message 3 of 3
Neil_J56
in reply to: michaelsu

Thank you for your response on this issue. Apparently my vision of AutoCAD is not Mechanical version as I was told. So again, I would like to be able not to have a dimension always put on a dimension layer when dimensioning. Thank You Neil J ________________________________________________________ The information contained in this electronic communication is privileged and/or confidential. The information is for the sole use of the intended addressee. If the reader of this communication is not the intended addressee, you are hereby notified that any dissemination, distribution and/or copying of this communication or the information contained in this communication is strictly prohibited. If you have received this communication in error, please immediately notify us by telephone at 541/461-2600 and thereafter, immediately destroy this electronic communication. Thank you.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost