AutoCAD Mechanical Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Mechanical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Mechanical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Layer Manager Issue - AutoCAD Mechanical - 2014

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
kiraimmorris
402 Views, 2 Replies

Layer Manager Issue - AutoCAD Mechanical - 2014

Layer Manager has an exclamation mark warning icon where the layer icon should be and all the other icons in layer manager have an "X" on them. Also the Layer Manager seems to have chunks missing, namely where my layers should be. This problem actually doesn't harm my productivity, nor any function of the program, but it's an incovenience to have an non-functioning layer manager. Also it seems to jump from drawing to drawing, but it takes a moment. when I first open a drawing everything is normal, but with in a few minutes my layer manager maximizes the reminimizes, upon further inspection I find that the new drawing has inhereted my problem.

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
kiraimmorris
in reply to: kiraimmorris

UDATE ON THE SITUATION

Alright, I put a "quick fix" on the issue which restored the layer manager back to default, with the exception of the few template files that have their own "default". And for the most part it worked fine, the layer manager would "twitch" or "jump" a bit from time to time but I was able to see every icon. And it only "jumped/twitched" when i was hovering over it to see if it still had a "chunk" missing. So a weekend and a day went by and i figured it wouldn't have unwound itself so soon, but i scan over it today and there a new problem. Instead of the layer manager being cut up of incorrectly iconed, it was abunch of unsourced/unknown file icons and old school file folder icon, like the pixelated golden brick folder icon. And what['s worse is they are all out of scale, namely do to the fact that defualt size of some of these icons are larger than their successors. Is there a service pack, patch, or update of any kind for this?

Message 3 of 3

brand spankin new Autocad2015.

picture of the Layer manager below.

when I click the x on the icon, the x clears but the graphics on that layer fades.

sorry I know this is the ACAD Mech 2014 forum but the issue was spot on.

acad layer manager.JPG

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost