AutoCAD Mechanical Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Mechanical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Mechanical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LISP FOR CHANGING PROPERTIES ON SPECIFIC LAYER IN MULIPLE DWG FILES

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
jbrown1434
352 Views, 1 Reply

LISP FOR CHANGING PROPERTIES ON SPECIFIC LAYER IN MULIPLE DWG FILES

Hello to all,

OK so about a year ago I inherited all of the cad files for a small company.  I have been drawing in CAD for about 3 years and still consider myself a newbie.

I have about 7000 drawing files with the same layer in all of them.  I was looking for a way to change the color and lineweight on all of the drawing files.

Currently the "DIM" layer is cyan and the lineweight is set to default.  I want to change the color to "250" and the lineweight to 0.15mm in all of my drawing files.  I am working in AutoCAD Mechanical 2012 and have looked into lisp routines to solve this but I am new to the idea of LISP.  To solution may not even be a LISP. 

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks, Jbrown

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
steve216586
in reply to: jbrown1434

You will probably get better results going to the lisp forum here: http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/Visual-LISP-AutoLISP-and-General/bd-p/130 There are literally hundreds of routines to do what you are looking for or close to, so you can tweek them to fit.

"No one can make you feel inferior without your consent. "-Eleanor Roosevelt

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost