AutoCAD Mechanical Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Mechanical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Mechanical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LAYERS/LAYERWALK

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
wanttoknow
342 Views, 3 Replies

LAYERS/LAYERWALK

I have just started using AutoCad Mech, from AutoCadLT. One feature i cannot find that i really miss is LAYERWALK. My drawings feature many layers that represent options in our product. LAYERWALK allowed me to PHYSICALLY see what i was turning ON or OFF. (you can see the layer come on or turn off as you click on the layer name) Is there something Im missing? Does Mechanical have that capability?

Thank you all for your help

WANTTOKNOW

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
Bob_Zurunkle
in reply to: wanttoknow

Mechanical is a vertical product added onto base AutoCAD. did yu know you could go to your Start menu and find the launch button for plain vanilla AutoCAD, down in the Mechanical folder? I think you should also be able to have both versions going at the same time on one PC. I think you'll find what you seek in the vanilla version...

If by some odd chance my nattering was useful -- that's great, glad to help. But if it actually solved your issue, then please mark my solution as accepted 🙂
Message 3 of 4
wanttoknow
in reply to: Bob_Zurunkle

Mr. Bob

I am not finding what you are describing. Can you provide a little more info on how to do what you are suggesting?

thanks

WANTTOKNOW

Message 4 of 4
michaelsu
in reply to: wanttoknow

LAYWALK is available in AutoCAD Mechanical that you can find it in the ribbon. see snapshot.

Hope it helps.

Thanks.
Michael Su
SQA Engineer
Autodesk
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please mark any response as "Accept as Solution" if it answers your question.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost