AutoCAD Mechanical Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Mechanical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Mechanical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Inventor Companion Sectioning

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
Anonymous
171 Views, 1 Reply

Inventor Companion Sectioning

I created an Inventor companion file and I need to create a section to this part. The section requires more than two section lines. When I attempt to create the aligned section, it tells me it must contain exactly 2 segments. I have 4 segment lines and it won't let me section it. I converted them all to one polyline. Is there anything I may be able to do? This is my first attempt at creating a companion file and i can use all the help I can get.

Thanks.

Jeff
1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

Thank you for using AutoCAD Mechanical. This is the current behavior of Inventor Companion. The steps were documented in the help file. Key in "Section View" at help find to list the following: "Draw a cut line in the parent view. The first line segment of the cut line must start outside the part or assembly and end inside the part or assembly. The second line segment must start inside the part or assembly and end outside. Only two line segments are allowed when creating a cut line for an aligned section view. " We would like to thank you for using Inventor Companion and please do not hesitate to forward us any question you might come across while using the product. kim-chwee.ang@autodesk.com Product Designer Manufacturing Solutions Division Autodesk, Inc. "bumsquish" wrote in message news:21698996.1095856177449.JavaMail.jive@jiveforum2.autodesk.com... > I created an Inventor companion file and I need to create a section to this part. The section requires more than two section lines. When I attempt to create the aligned section, it tells me it must contain exactly 2 segments. I have 4 segment lines and it won't let me section it. I converted them all to one polyline. Is there anything I may be able to do? This is my first attempt at creating a companion file and i can use all the help I can get. > > Thanks. > > Jeff

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost