AutoCAD Mechanical Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Mechanical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Mechanical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Installing express tools

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
nick.jeuris
1962 Views, 5 Replies

Installing express tools

Hi,

I would like to install the Autocad Express Tools on a computer with Autocad allready installed.

The problem is that the installer asks to insert a DVD which I don't have.

We got our Autodesk Design Suite on a USB stick but there isn't an option to choose between DVD and USB.

Is it possible to install the express tools with the USB?

Nick

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
Bob_Zurunkle
in reply to: nick.jeuris

Is there no option to browse to the file location?

If by some odd chance my nattering was useful -- that's great, glad to help. But if it actually solved your issue, then please mark my solution as accepted 🙂
Message 3 of 6
nick.jeuris
in reply to: Bob_Zurunkle

Hi Bob,

the dialog that shows up only gives 2 options.

I can either cancel the setup by pressing cancel or I can continue the setup by pressing OK (after I have inserted the DVD)

But since I don't have the DVD, I cannot complete the installation.

Nick

Message 4 of 6
nick.jeuris

I didn't find a solution to install the express tools through the configuration panel but I installed them manually and they are working fine.

The only thing I had to do was copy the Express folder from the provided software to the installation directory of my AutoCAD Mechanical, then load the tools in with the command APPLOAD and selecting the .fas files and at last add the menu tab with the function CUILOAD and selecting the acetmain.cuix file.

Message 5 of 6
chgeiselmann

Nick Jeuris' short instruction for installing Express Tools manually was very helpful to me. I followed his instructions and succeeded to add Express Tools to my Autocad 2015 Architecture without running the standard setup procedure from DVD.

For the convenience of others who might have the problem, I add here a step by step description with some more detail.

My problem was that at the moment when I needed Express Tools and realized that it was not installed with my Autocad I did not have the DVD at hands. I had, however, a copy of the DVD on my harddisk. Unfortunately there seems to be no way to use this for a "Add programm elements" procedure (rather than running a total setup), or at least I did not find such a way.

Following Nick's instructions, 

• I localised the folder "Express" in my harddisk copy of the Autodesk DVD. I found it in \x64\ACA\Program Files\Root.
  • I copied this over to the installation folder of Autocad, in my case: C:\Program Files\Autodesk\AutoCAD_2015\...
  • I then started Autocad and entered into the command bar the APPLOAD command. In the dialogue that appeared, I browsed down to the "Express" folder just copied, and pointed at the four .fas files found there (acetutil.fas, acetutil2.fas, acetutil3.fas, acetutil4.fas), and confirmed this to be installed. There was then an error message that something was missing, I think it was the acetmain.cuix. I so far ignored this message, and just continued along Nick's instructions, namely:
  • I punched the CUILOAD command into the command bar, and in the dialogue that appeared I selected the acetmain.cuix file.

This then made a new ribbon tab appear in Autocad with all the Express Tools nicely displayed.

Message 6 of 6
roberto_bolo
in reply to: chgeiselmann

hi,

thank you for your instructions!

But I have a big problem: if when I tip "CUILOAD" on command line I have a message of unknown commad. How can I do?

Thank you for your time

(I have autocad 2015)

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost