AutoCAD Mechanical General Discussion

Contributor
drafter
Message 1 of 4 (2,771 Views)

Importing SAT files

2771 Views, 3 Replies
03-14-2012 12:55 PM

Can  anyone help me, I am trying to inmport SAT files into AutoCAD from Inventor flat patterns.  I have done this several times and been successful, now its not working.  I get a message that pops up that says, you have chosen an unsupported DGN file, only V7 and V8 DGN files are supported.  What does this mean? 

Employee
michaelsu
Message 2 of 4 (2,738 Views)

Re: Importing SAT files

04-02-2012 02:30 AM in reply to: drafter

Use IMPORT command and select file format ACIS(*.sat).

Thanks.
Michael Su
SQA Engineer
Autodesk
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please mark any response as "Accept as Solution" if it answers your question.

danielsm
Message 3 of 4 (2,454 Views)

01-14-2013 12:38 PM in reply to: drafter

I am trying to import .sat files into an educational version of autoCAD 2011. I am using the import command and selecting the .sat format selecting the file and then I am getting "Unable to read the ACIS file E:\001904 GS PM_2.SAT"....any suggestions?

Mentor
johnq
Message 4 of 4 (2,448 Views)

01-14-2013 07:46 PM in reply to: danielsm

Hi

I have a little knowledge of what may be your problem and solution.

Your .SAT file  and error message indicated to me that it is a Bently MicroStation file.   V7 & V8 are versions of Microstation.

Suggest, If possible, that your source save their file in one of these two versions of microstation and try again.   It is just like saving an Autocad 2007 file in AC2000 format.

I am normally an AutoElectrical bloke but I have a bit of time to look at the bigger picture.

Hope this helps

Cheers  John Quigley

You are not logged in.

Log into access your profile, ask and answer questions, share ideas and more. Haven't signed up yet? Register

Announcements
Are you familiar with the Autodesk Expert Elites? The Expert Elite program is made up of customers that help other customers by sharing knowledge and exemplifying an engaging style of collaboration. To learn more, please visit our Expert Elite website.

Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions to get help installing your software.

Ask the Community