AutoCAD Mechanical Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Mechanical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Mechanical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Importing SAT files

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
drafter
15044 Views, 3 Replies

Importing SAT files

Can  anyone help me, I am trying to inmport SAT files into AutoCAD from Inventor flat patterns.  I have done this several times and been successful, now its not working.  I get a message that pops up that says, you have chosen an unsupported DGN file, only V7 and V8 DGN files are supported.  What does this mean? 

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
michaelsu
in reply to: drafter

Use IMPORT command and select file format ACIS(*.sat).

Thanks.
Michael Su
SQA Engineer
Autodesk
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please mark any response as "Accept as Solution" if it answers your question.

Message 3 of 4
danielsm
in reply to: drafter

I am trying to import .sat files into an educational version of autoCAD 2011. I am using the import command and selecting the .sat format selecting the file and then I am getting "Unable to read the ACIS file E:\001904 GS PM_2.SAT"....any suggestions?

Message 4 of 4
johnq
in reply to: danielsm

Hi

I have a little knowledge of what may be your problem and solution.

Your .SAT file  and error message indicated to me that it is a Bently MicroStation file.   V7 & V8 are versions of Microstation.

Suggest, If possible, that your source save their file in one of these two versions of microstation and try again.   It is just like saving an Autocad 2007 file in AC2000 format.

I am normally an AutoElectrical bloke but I have a bit of time to look at the bigger picture.

Hope this helps

Cheers  John Quigley

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost