AutoCAD Mechanical Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Mechanical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Mechanical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to unlock a drawing

6 REPLIES 6
Message 1 of 7
MAB6415
41695 Views, 6 Replies

How to unlock a drawing

We have some drawings that were drawn by an employee that has left the company. I can not modify the drawings. I can modify the outlines and the drawing box, but not the actual drawings. Can someone tell me how this is protected or how I can unlock the drawings so that I can modify them.

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
Sridhar-Autodesk
in reply to: MAB6415

Hi,

I suspect the drawing entities are on a locked layer.

Command Layer>>Make sure yuu unlock all layers

layer.png

If the issue still persists, would it be possible to attach a sample drawing file here or send to sridharDOTsubramaniATautodeskDOTcom

Thanks,

Please select the Accept as Solution button if my post solves your issue or answers your question.

Sridhar Subramani

Senior Product Owner

Message 3 of 7
Nadhira

Good morning,.

i have problem when  i got the drawing from the other company to print, . Scale for drawing is 1:125, but it's very small to print on A1. but when i change to scale 1:10, it's also small. so, im try to edit the drawing but the main problem is the drawing cannot be adjust or edit, the only can be edit is title block. i' also try to unlock all layer , but actually the lock is already unlock for all. But still the drawing can't edit . 

Message 4 of 7
Nadhira
in reply to: Sridhar-Autodesk

sorry for disturbed, i also try to unclok all layer, but still can't be modify. why ? or maybe the drawing is blocked by them ?
Message 5 of 7
Uvcedas
in reply to: Nadhira

Hello,

Even I am also facing the same problem, I turned off all the layers but still It shows locked drawing, I am unable to edit it, solution is appreciated.

Thank you

Message 6 of 7
Uvcedas
in reply to: Nadhira

Hello,

Just follow the steps below to unlock your model

1) Make sure to unlock all the layers of command (It will appear as unlocking symbol)

2) Select the model ( whole drawing gets select automatically)

3) Right click, then select block editor in menu, that's it, now you can edit, erase your model and save as new file.

Hope this will solve problem.

Thank You.

Message 7 of 7
jbWYRTX

None of the above answers are correct...

You simply go onto their computer OR log into Autodesk using the past employees account information so that you view files from their account perspective

1) open the folder of which the files are located

2) right click on the file without ever opening it

3)select unlock drawing

The autodesk account still exists if the drawing is still locked. You may have to figure out what account information (email and password) was used by that employee unless it is generic throughout the office.

271259500_887538881918418_3462617180235806809_n.jpg

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost