AutoCAD Mechanical Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Mechanical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Mechanical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to create a Bill of Materials for Valves?

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
AleGF1
835 Views, 1 Reply

How to create a Bill of Materials for Valves?

The valves are denominated as V26.01 and for each valve I have its description, equipment specification, manufacturer, supplier, etc.

- How can I add a Bill od Materials that has all of this information in AutoCAD Mechanical 2013?

The company I work for uses P&ID for valves. But they are trying to see if this can be applied in AC Mechanical . Also, I am new to AutoCAD, any information is very much appreciated.

Thanks!,

Ale

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
steve216586
in reply to: AleGF1

ACADMech is an excellent program to do what you are asking. But, there is a lot of leg work which must be done up front, to your drawings of the valves, for them to populate the fields of a BOM.

1. Make your valves individual drawings as Structured objects.

2. Create a fromat for your BOM

3. Enter the information you wish to display

Explaining how to create Mechanical Structured objects and define BOM data to associate with each part, is too much of a topic to discuss here. There are many video tutorials out there. Just Google  "autocad mechanical structure tutorial" and you will have many to choose from to show you how to accomplish this task.

If you already have the valves drawn in AutoCAD, once you are proficient at creating these custom Structured parts, it should only take a few minutes to create each valve with isometric views. The time spent is well worth it.

"No one can make you feel inferior without your consent. "-Eleanor Roosevelt

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost