AutoCAD Mechanical Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Mechanical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Mechanical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help...System Var ATTDIA??

7 REPLIES 7
Message 1 of 8
dondi_m
435 Views, 7 Replies

Help...System Var ATTDIA??

It seems that AutoCAD Mechanical doesn't save the system vaiable ATTDIA when changed. When I change the variable to 0 and close out the program and re-open the program it reverts back to 1. This seems to only be a problem with "Mechanical" versions of AutoCAD. Straight versions save the system variable to whatever it was changed to last. I could change it each time I start using the .mnl file but lack the knowledge. Is there something I'm missing?? I've set up several versions of AutoCAD with custom menus that require ATTDIA be set to 0 in order to function properly. Every "Mechanical" version I've ran across has this does this. I don't how to get it to change permanently. Can someone shed some light on this issue? Has anyone else experienced this?
7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
Sridhar-Autodesk
in reply to: dondi_m

Hi,

I could reproduce the issue in AutoCAD Mechanical 2009 SP2. Thank you for reporting this issue. Unfortunately, I don't have a workaround for this issue.

I have logged this issue in our system and notified the development team.

Regards,

Sridhar

Software QA Engineer

Manufacturing Solutions Division

Autodesk, Inc.
Please select the Accept as Solution button if my post solves your issue or answers your question.

Sridhar Subramani

Senior Product Owner

Message 3 of 8
CrAzY-MiKe

Here is a workaround until Autodesk can fix this.

Attached is the file acad2008doc.lsp, in a ZIP file. It loads every time you use Autocad Mech. I added some LISP code that sets ATTDIA to zero.

The file is usually found in the folder C:\Program Files\Autodesk\ACADM 2008\Support.

You can copy the attached file to that location and replace the existing copy, or you can edit the existing copy yourself and add this line to the end of the file...

(command "ATTDIA" "0")

I am a LISP programmer for more years than I care to think about, and I often add snippets of code to address issues like this.

CrAzY-MiKe
Michael Hollingsworth
CAD Administrator | Flexicon Corporation
Autodesk Product Design and Manufacturing Collection 2021
Message 4 of 8
dondi_m

Whereas the workaround should have worked...it didn't. I can see the command (attdia 0) at the end of the startup routine but when I check, ATTDIA is still set to 1. I actually tried this exact thing yesterday but thought I was doing something incorrect as I know about enough about lsp to be dangerous.
Any other suggestions?
Message 5 of 8
CrAzY-MiKe

You're right! I tried it myself in AMech2009 and even though it ran the code, when I typed in ATTDIA the value was 1. I noticed that in MY setup the very last thing that loaded was Express Tools (after my LISP set it to zero). I wonder if something in the Tools sets it back to 1.
Michael Hollingsworth
CAD Administrator | Flexicon Corporation
Autodesk Product Design and Manufacturing Collection 2021
Message 6 of 8
dondi_m

Any word from Autodesk on a fix for this as yet? It's kind of annoying having to change this variable everytime.
Message 7 of 8
Sridhar-Autodesk

Hi,
The issue is not yet fixed. I will keep you updated once a fix is available.
Thanks,
Sridhar
Please select the Accept as Solution button if my post solves your issue or answers your question.

Sridhar Subramani

Senior Product Owner

Message 8 of 8
mstringer

Hello,

The only thing I would do to get around this problem is to modify all my routines to include the (setvar "attdia" 0) to be sure that the dialog box does not appear.

It's a long shot but it's worth a try.

Hope this helps

Marc

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost